Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-12-2001, 04:01 PM   #101
Tancred
White Dragon

OOC: If no-one minds... heh heh... I'm hijacking this story for my own evil and twisted ends. Heh heh heh.

IC: The figure in darkness waits there, tasting his captive's fear. After a long silence, it speaks, the voice at once ancient and evil - but strong and powerful.
"Where are the rest of the group you travel with, elfling? Where are your friends?"
Skye stammers and mutters something about bars and black holes, but the stranger seems unsatisfied.
"What are you talking about? How did you penetrate the magical screens around my land? How much are the Witches paying you for my death?"

Old 08-12-2001, 04:05 PM   #102
Tancred
White Dragon

The strange energy field penetrated, the party travels on, seeking their lost companions. The forest is cold and snowy, but the leaves and frozen flowers bud all the same. There is something oddly familiar to this place, but Tancred cannot place it.
The party come to a babbling brook, swelled by the snow's melt and icy cold, bubbles along the party's path. To either side, the trees look on, happy in the serenity of the surroundings. At a signal, Lord Shield begins to try and ford a way through, his breath coming sharp at the coldness of the water.
An arrow thuds down into the ground where he stood a moment before. A clear, commanding voice echoes from the trees.
"HALT! Declare thy allegiance - Law or Chaos?"
Something about the voice nags at Tancred's mind, but he cannot place it. He glances among the trees, looking for the source of the noise.
Old 08-12-2001, 04:08 PM   #103
Neb
Account deleted by Request

As the arrow thudded into the ground, Kivan fitted an arrow to his bow with lightning speed, prepared to fell an attacker and Neb shielded himself and Kivan with his magic, they then waited to see who it was that was demanding to know their allegiance.
Old 08-12-2001, 05:33 PM   #104
Lord Shield

LS puts his hand up to let party know they shouldn't fire - standing up, even without hs crown, Shield would look regal - he was King of Vikings before he carved his empire - even leading the massacre of the shadow elves of Aengmor reclaing Alfheim for the surface elves

"LAW!! And do not fire again"

OOC: He can catch/deflect missiles - any further firing will fail - he has placed himself in front of hte party in case firing continues

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 08-12-2001, 05:45 PM   #105
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

"Isn't that overly subjective.", asked Lord Flash, "Law and Chaos are intergrated parts in everything we do. Ideas such as law and chaos are only words, the value we see in them is only equal to that which we place upon them. The idea that either can be prefreble to the other is obserd, nothing we do can be exempt of either of them. A better question to ask would be 'Do you strive fo/-", the anti-paladin was cut short as a flaming arrow buried it's self in a treetrunk inches from the warriors head.

"Ah... it seems your thinking of the conceptual theory of law=order chaos=disorder. I think I'll let someone else answer this one.", said the black knight nervously stepping back into the middle of the group attemping to put as many bodies between him and the disembodied voice.
Old 08-12-2001, 05:49 PM   #106
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

OOC: sorry lord shield... I must have began writing just after you posted, if you want i will remove my post (I don't want to cause trouble)
Old 08-12-2001, 06:08 PM   #107
Lord Shield

No worries - LS is aware of the philosophcal dfferences too - he's just saying the answers he expects them to rspond too given their oviously limted intellect

------------------

Old 08-12-2001, 06:10 PM   #108
Tancred
White Dragon

There is silence - a silence that seems to go on for several hours, though it lasts but a few seconds.
Then shapes appear before the party, across the stream, as if from thin air - six shapes, each clad in white cloaks that shimmer and blend into the landscape. The lead figure hails them.
"Hail then, and well-met! I am Siona Greenmeadow, Cleric of Chauntea - and these are my companions. Who might you be, and what brings you to this perilous wood?"
The figure takes down its' hood; to reveal the face of an young elven woman. Her smile and eyes tell of a serenity hard-won in the face of struggle; her face and loveliness shine around her. Her blonde hair is cropped to her neck, held in place by a woven garland of blue flowers. Some of the party are stunned for a second by her - be it her beauty, authority or simple goodness and power. She looks among the party, waiting for a reply.

Tancred is struck dumb, like the others - but his gaze is not drawn only towards the lady in white. His eyes are wide open, staring at her and the travellers with her. A sinister-looking rogue with a black beard, and twin black swords to match; a fierce young halfling, bow drawn; a dwarf, the light of violence in his eyes as he fingers his axe; a wizard with white hair and an almost ghostly complexion; and, especially, the young warrior who suddenly stands defensively before the elf, his sword drawn. Tancred looks at the warrior's youthful, slightly boyish face; his stance and the device on his shield; and lastly, his sword that glows golden, lighting up the shadowed brook like a star.
He knows them. He knows them all. He is suddenly very glad of the scarf around his face.
The thought strikes him - Is this real?
The sword speaks.
"What have we here? I don't like the way that one looked at me. Quick! Give him a jab, holy-boy!"
"Shut up, Karnas!" mutters the young warrior.
Old 08-12-2001, 06:30 PM   #109
Lord Shield

Thewoman reminds Shield of his ownwife, Lady Change - she was Nyx Goddess of Darkness in her first life then Xyn - Goddess of Light in second life

"Perilous has no meaning when a friend is mired in it - a paladin friend of ours is prisoner nearby and we will get her whatever fool may be inthe way - but forgve my manners - I am Emperor Shield I of Mystara"

OOC: He would be knownto them as an Emperor from 2 centureies ago who became god of Vigilantes then Guardianship - ths ghost from the past could not be an imposter though - he was elf-friend after the Aengmor/Alfhem business

------------------

Old 08-12-2001, 06:51 PM   #110
Encard
Quintesson

Encard zaps himself in and decides this group of people might not be very nice... He readies his Wand of Zapping just in case they decide they don't like him.
Encard: Hmm... errr... Weasels?

------------------
Bow down to the Weasels of Apocalypse! RaBid Fruit Trees! RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! Miniature Exploding Demonic Demons of Doom, Death and Desruction!
:1drgat1: