Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-16-2001, 08:06 PM   #1
Northraven
Manshoon

I figure this is more of an SoA question...so here goes. I wan't the shield of Balduran (for reasons I won't mention to avoid spoiling anyone) so I was thinking of installing the files for the bonus CD merchants on my hard drive. I have read somewhere that this screws something up with the game if you have ToB installed which I do...what's the lowdown on this and can the merchants be put into my game? I have the ToB beta patch installed if that makes a difference.
Old 07-16-2001, 08:10 PM   #2
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Well the bonus CD was supplied with the collectors edition of the game so I can't see as it would make any difference really seeing as it is a legit' piece of kit made by the developers. I dunno about a d/l version but I think it'd be the same files etc........

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 07-16-2001, 09:19 PM   #3
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

you can install bonus stuff and custom stuff after you install throne of bhall. i have heard that it messes up if you install tob after you add custom stuff.
something about changing the "last modified date" of the dialog.tlk file. but if you already have tob installed it should be ok. besides, its just a couple of files added to your overide folder. you could always delete them if it messes it up.

------------------

Get The IronWorks Winamp skin
Slackerboys Custom Characters
Old 07-16-2001, 09:53 PM   #4
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

The problem applies if you install the unofficial fixes from Baldurdash - the ones which fix the dialog and tweak the weapons and other minor fixes/bug squashing. The bonus merchants should not affect your game.
I installed both merchants (I have the Collector's Edition, I added in the other bonus merchant later) installed some time ago, way before I had ToB installed. I continued my SoA game and thus far everything is fine.
So in my experience installing the bonus merchants is fine.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 07-17-2001, 11:21 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

The dialog for the merchants are already in the dialog.tlk file and all you are doing with the merchants are copying two .sto files (joluv.sto and dierdre.sto) so it shouldn't affect your game at all.

------------------
Old 07-17-2001, 02:59 PM   #6
Northraven
Manshoon

Thanks chaps! Now I can go kill a certain beholder