Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2002, 10:15 PM   #1
AndyG
Elminster

What order do you do the various districts in Chapter 1? The game seems to be steering me to do the Peninsula first, so I usually do that. However, that Intellect Devourer is very tough for a level 4 or 5 character. Typically, my henchman dies in the fight against the captain, and I'm left fighting the Intellect Devourer solo. It takes me along time to kill it. I have a second game with a paladin who's stuck at that point. I guess I can run back to town and hire the barbarian or the sorceror to help me through.

Anyway, here's the order I did Chapter 1 with my main character:

Peninsula
Beggars Quarter
Blacklake
Docks

I heard someone else mentioning they did the Beggar's last. I did that one second, and didn't have any problems. I use the cleric henchwoman, and she kills undead pretty easily.

Another character I started went to the Docks first. He had a fairly tough time there, so I did it last with my ranger, and he cruised right through.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 10:28 PM   #2
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by AndyG:
What order do you do the various districts in Chapter 1? The game seems to be steering me to do the Peninsula first, so I usually do that. However, that Intellect Devourer is very tough for a level 4 or 5 character. Typically, my henchman dies in the fight against the captain, and I'm left fighting the Intellect Devourer solo. It takes me along time to kill it. I have a second game with a paladin who's stuck at that point. I guess I can run back to town and hire the barbarian or the sorceror to help me through.

Anyway, here's the order I did Chapter 1 with my main character:

Peninsula
Beggars Quarter
Blacklake
Docks

I heard someone else mentioning they did the Beggar's last. I did that one second, and didn't have any problems. I use the cleric henchwoman, and she kills undead pretty easily.

Another character I started went to the Docks first. He had a fairly tough time there, so I did it last with my ranger, and he cruised right through.
SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Ask Aribeth after the first conversation after the creatures are gone (something like, "have you heard anything about the creatures?"). She'll tell you about one (and only one) district at a time. She'll tell you about the Peninsula first, then Beggars, etc. I assume that this is the order the game was designed you to go in. But hey, you do what you feel is best! I play a cleric, and a quick jaunt against the zombies to start things out never hurt (can you say "extra turning feat?" ).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 07:49 AM   #3
Anamics
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The Int Devourer's pretty easy to kill with say ... magic missle, magic missle, magic missle then melfie's little arrows and melfie's little arrows then ask ur dumb henchman bash it to death. I added my adorable pixie to join the fun. final check - it's dead in a couple of moments. =D