Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2001, 01:43 AM   #1
RitingFool
The Magister

I need help in the fire puzzle room of the Wizard's Path (Crypt Dungeon). The walkthru on this site says to walk thru the central fire of the room, then walk backwards through it and around the edge to the gate.

This doesn't work. The gate only stays open long enough to open/close. How am I supposed to get it open long enough to walk around the room edge (taking fire damage as I go)? Is there some trick I'm missing or doing incorrectly?

Any help here is appreciated.

Regards,
Michael LeBlanc
ritingfool@netzero.net
RitingFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 02:02 AM   #2
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Hey, Mike! Welcome to the W&W Forum! I found it MUCH easier to line my characters up at the end of the hall before the fire pits, and RUN straight through to the grate. I suffered very little damage and got through with no problem. May Kerah be with you!

+Dr.Pick
Dr.Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 02:23 AM   #3
RitingFool
The Magister

Dr. Pick:

Your solution doesn't work! I hope the Athletic skill doesn't have something to do with this (level 1 for all characters at present).

Any other help you (or anyone else) can provide would be helpful. Thanks!

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-06-2001, 03:06 AM   #4
Rene
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey, Doc, carry a crate infront of you and run as fast of you can. Then the crate should be stuck in the door and you can pass (maybe you need a second one on top).
Rene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 06:52 AM   #5
Radek
Red Dragon

The hint in the official walkthrough does not work. More exactly, you have ca. 5% chance that it will do. I have tried hundred times at least to see how does the official solution work. Here is the foolproof solution:
1. Approach the fire trap so that you see the grate at its end. The grate should be closed.
2. Enter the first fire carefully and retreat. The grate should be open now. Repeat if it isn't.
3. Go straight through the fire trap. The grate will close and open such a way that it will be open at the end of your way.
Notes:
a) The Lavawalk spell prevents the fires from burning you.
b) The "chest method" is strongly recommended for all low level groups.
c) This is not the wizard's path but the warrior's one. You will fight a guy immune to magic, find a plate mail and an Ankh of Strength. The wizard's path is the one with the levers in the fire trap. You would fight a spirit, which is not immune to magic, and find an Ankh of Intellect.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 09:13 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, RitingFool!!!

Did you get past the fires and through the gate yet??

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 10:45 AM   #7
RitingFool
The Magister

I'm going to try Radek's solution this morning. I'll let you all know if I made it! (if I don't, I may throw the computer out the window! )

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-06-2001, 12:21 PM   #8
RitingFool
The Magister

I finally made it through that gate.

Now, how do I get into the asylum? The dock ends in the water....

I did manage to swim to a room that has a walkway leading to some stairs cut into the wall leading up. I can't manage to get up to the walkway, though. It's too high. Is there another way I should be going?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Michael