Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2001, 02:21 PM   #1
Frago
Welcomed New User

AHHH!
I am getting frustrated with SOA and really need some answers to a few things so I can quit restarting this game all the time.
People In my party are just disapearing all of the sudden and I cant figure out what happened to them , the screen just show death as the last thing they did and they are permanently gone I cant find them again anywhere and have no icon to ressurect them, is this a bug?
Keldorn , I released him a while back and now want to get him back but cant seem to find him where does he go when released ?
Is there a key or something to press that helps locate corpses?
People in my party get feared and run off and die while I finish the battle then when I resurrect em I cant find their body and lost all their stuff, any way around this?
When is a good time to advance to chapter 3 I get tired of doing all the little quests and they seem to just spawn more quests so I am wondering if I can go to chapter 3 as soon as I get the money or will I get spanked by high level stuff then unless I wait till a higher level?

THANKS IN ADVANCE to anyone taking time to reply
I am getting so frustrated.
TTFN
Old 09-23-2001, 02:32 PM   #2
Lorala
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi, Frago. I think I understand some of what you're asking. The deal is, sometimes bad guys don't just kill your party members, they hit them so hard that their body explodes into itty bitty pieces (you can actually watch this happen on the screen) and then there's nothing left to resurrect. At that point I guess there's nothing you really can do except start over. As for advancing to chapter three, it's okay to do that any time you want, although I think you'll probably want to rack up some experience points before you get too far in the chapter.
Old 09-23-2001, 02:32 PM   #3
Sorcerer Alex

I'm afraid when the portraits on the right of your screen disappear, the character is dead and cannot be resurrected. Keldorn returns to the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart building in the Temple District. You'll just have to take more care with your party. It can be hard to keep them all alive but try and keep your weaker characters out of the front combat line and just attack with fighters/rangers. If a player dies, you can resurrect him/her at any temple, just be sure to pick up their stuff when they die, so that you can equip them properly once they are resurrected. It generally doesn't matter what level you are when you go to chapter 3, just make sure you have around 500,000 xp and have a decent party, and you should be just fine. Hope this helps Welcome to the board, btw

------------------

Old 09-23-2001, 02:33 PM   #4
Tancred
White Dragon

I'll see if I can help.

Every now and again, some enemy will strike a particularly damaging blow. This is what is affectionately known as 'chunking' and you will tell when that happens when an NPC's body flies apart in chunks. Either that, or a mindflayer will eat your brain, or a vampire will drain you to death... there are a lot of things that can kill a person permanently, without hope of ressurection. I can only assume this is what is happening to you. If it is NOT, yes perhaps it IS a bug and you need to download a patch!
Keldorn should be in the bedrooms of the Order of the Radiant Heart, in the south of the Temple district in Athkatla. If not there, then it is possible - if you have concluded the quest with his wife - he has returned home permanently.
The only method for finding the equipment of the dead is to try a screen-by-screen search of the area, I guess - or cast Resist Fear more often! If you press Cntl, it highlights doors and items on the ground - perhaps that might help.
You can advance to Chapter 3 at any time by joining one of the two guilds - but do note you can still do all the Chapter 2 quests during chapter 3, and even later in the game when you return from the journey you take. However, I recommend playing them through - the items and experience you pick up , as well as just increased familiarity with your party and its' capabilities, will stand you in good stead in later parts of the game.

Hope this helps!
Old 09-23-2001, 02:35 PM   #5
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

Well, NPC's like Keldorn, Jaheira, Minsc ect. will leave if your reputation drops too much (or with evil characters, rep. is getting too high) In your case it sounds more like a bug (do you have the patch installed?) Resurrection should be done by either a priest that has the spell in his spellbook or on a scroll or find a temple. If you dropped Keldorn and want him back, I thought he is in the halls of the most noble order of the radiant heart (temple district).
The key to locate items or bodies is TAB. before the battle, cast remove fear (a cleric can do that (aerie or Anomen or Viconia), keep them alive, if you resurrect them, they should appear in your party again and with you, their equipment is there were they died (the last time of course). I personally do all the quest before entering chapter 3, If you have a higher level things will be easier when you search for Imoen.
Hope this helps. good luck. btw welcome

------------------
There's something in your eyes, ah no, I see now, it's the reflection of my deadly gaze - Mirac Honorguard
(Necromancer)
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/mirac
Old 09-23-2001, 02:53 PM   #6
Frago
Welcomed New User

Oh my what a good board !
Thanks for the welcomes and the very fast replies .
The TAB key thing is what I was looking for, and I didnt realize my Companions could be killed permanently I will be more careful. The advice about when to go to chapter 3 is also very helpful .
Thanks again folks

TTFN