Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2001, 01:24 PM   #1
Vampire

1/ where are the ten towns? Are they referring to IWD?
2/ what is he doing in Amn with a war party. He said there were HUGE problems in Amn in BG1...but he hasn't done much??
3/ where is that pink hammer if anywhere?
Old 07-10-2001, 04:04 PM   #2
Dramnek_Ulk

the ten towns of icewind dale are
1.Lonelywood
2.Breman
3.Targos
4.termalaine
5.Bryn Shander
6.Caer-Konig
7.Caer-Dinaval
8.Easthaven
9.Good mead
10.Dougans hole

The crystal shard & Tsr's "The North" (which can be downlaoded free now) have a lot more on this.

The reasons hes in Amn is to search for the pink war hammer,basically its just an excuse to shoehorn Drizzt Do'Urden into the game. The pink warhammer is nowhere. I dont even think the chronology is right as mithrail hall was caputered in 1356 dr, but Shadows of amn takes place in 1369 dr so it doesnt really make sense.

------------------
These sweet and gracious monkey balls,
Served on plates and sold from stalls,
Bring madness to these hallowed halls
Of urban academe.

Huzzaks for chocolate monkey balls!
We'll eat them 'til the ceiling falls,
'Til Time, herself, tears down these walls
Of urban academe.

So buy yourself a monkey ball,
Savour it and then stand tall,
A bulwark 'gainst the deaf'ning call
Of urban academe.

Old 07-10-2001, 05:59 PM   #3
jabidas
Silver Dragon

The developers and Salvatore made it make sense due to his upcoming book. The whole why was Wulfgar with them when he was at sea with a barmaid thing really didnt make sense, that and jarlaxe being in the Underdark

------------------
Old 07-11-2001, 12:22 AM   #4
Darviathar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was glad to see Drizzt in the game again, even if in only a slightly more significant role than last time. I was really hoping that he would be a full fledged NPC for the group this time around, but no such luck. If not Drizzt, then certainly some of the other well known characters from the Forgotten Realms books. I haven't really read any of those in ten years now, but it would have been fun to run into Tristan Kenderick or Adon (Cleric of Sune) somewhere in the game as well as Salvatore's characters.
Old 07-11-2001, 06:21 AM   #5
Vampire

You guys have lost me but thanks anyway.
Where EXACTLY was Drizzt from?
Old 07-11-2001, 08:26 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Drizzt was originally from the drow city of Menzoberranzan, in the Underdark. His life is chronicled in Bob Salvatore's Dark Elf Trilogy, Icewind Dale Trilogy and Legacy of the Drow Trilogy. There are at least 12 books about Drizzt, if not more. To summarize, he moved to Ten-Towns which is in Icewind Dale, far to the north of Faerun, much further north than Baldur's Gate or Waterdeep.

As to why he's travelling in Amn in BG2? So that you can meet him in the game! Why else would he be there?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 07-11-2001).]
Old 07-11-2001, 10:04 AM   #7
Entreri
Manshoon

there is also Viconia from Menzo. Her name is Viconia from House Devir and when I met Drizzt in bg2 after exit the underdark, I just wanted to fight them and Viconia says before the Battle somothing like that: I heard about that drow ...
Of course she knows, It was the House Do'Urden that slayed the House DeVir!

I think They did not care about nay chronology about Drizzt and Jarlaxle for the game, just to meet them is cool .. and selling all the goods they have!
Want to know if we meet Artemis also in ToB ?

------------------

Maybe it's because I hate drows more than I hate Humans - Jarlaxle to Entreri
Old 07-11-2001, 10:05 AM   #8
Azred
Drow Priestess

Quote:
Originally posted by Darviathar:
I was glad to see Drizzt in the game again, even if in only a slightly more significant role than last time. I was really hoping that he would be a full fledged NPC for the group this time around, but no such luck. If not Drizzt, then certainly some of the other well known characters from the Forgotten Realms books. I haven't really read any of those in ten years now, but it would have been fun to run into Tristan Kenderick or Adon (Cleric of Sune) somewhere in the game as well as Salvatore's characters.
Do you recall Cadderly from BG1? He's the big shot from the Snowflake Mountains near Riatavin. Cadderly, another Salvatore creation, is for clerics what Elminster is for mages.

------------------
An intelligent mind is the key to the universe.

The most distressing thing about practicing magic is the fact that even the most learned sorcerers cannot accurately describe what magic *is*....
Old 07-11-2001, 11:35 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Darviathar:
I haven't really read any of those in ten years now, but it would have been fun to run into Tristan Kenderick or Adon (Cleric of Sune) somewhere in the game as well as Salvatore's characters.
Quite a bit has happened to those characters.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Adon of Sune (then of Mystra) fate is chronicled in Crucible. He is "possessed" by Cyric and kills himself. (I'll explain more if people want me to)

Tristan Kendrick is now an old man, the Moonshae Trilogy happened a few decades ago.

------------------