Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2002, 08:35 PM   #1
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Again I must ask for help with this game! How the heck do you assign hotkeys,for using abilties or other actions.I havn't seen much in the manual.Doesn't seem to really be much help in there about a lot of things!!Other than that the games pretty good. Also does anyone else have a problem with little Tomi, always running into getting himself killed!! Never following you out of a tough place when you should etc...Thanks again...John
Old 06-26-2002, 08:58 PM   #2
magnetism
Manshoon

Asign hotkeys through the game options, on the opening menu I would assume ( every other game on the market is this way)

and if you need tomi to run away just right click either him or his picture on the side, and select follow.

That should do the trick!
Old 06-26-2002, 09:11 PM   #3
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

You can click and drag these things to your hotkey section at the bottom of the screen.

As for Tomi, or any other NPC, you can tell them to Stand Your Ground or Follow, but if in a battle, these commands may not work unfortunately, they seem to have a mind of their own LOL at times, and you'll have to do your best to keep his stupid butt alive, or just let him die and pick him back up later at the Halls of Justice (it's free [img]smile.gif[/img] ) your choice.

I can't tell you how many times I've used the Follow command to run back and get a bit of time and distance between us and the enemies, and he will start to follow, but seems if the enemy gets close to him, he will just stop following and fight them, my commanding Follow again does nothing. Tis why a lot of times I keep my NPC (Bodyblock or whatever, the sorcerer) in another area and tell him to Stand Your Ground, then go to the room or area in question alone, kill what I can, and if things get tough then I'll tell him to Guard Me or Follow Me and then let him in the battle. Him rushing off and ignoring my commands and getting cornered by the hoards just kills him right off, it's so pathetic LOL.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 10:06 PM   #4
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Also remember you have 36 hot keys. 12 on your main screen, 12 when you push control, 12 on shift. Its pretty easy to fill up a bunch
Old 06-26-2002, 10:21 PM   #5
Lanthir
Drizzt Do'Urden

to set them left click on the hot key. then the wheel wil pop up move through it to what you want to set into that hot key when you get to it click on it and it sets it up. you will see the same diagram as you do on the wheel now in the hotkey box. You can also drag potions and wands and such into the hotkey boxes