Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-07-2000, 01:48 PM   #1
fitz

To anyone out there who has tried to kill that blasted demilich...

My main character is a mage, and so I work to get him his fair share of kills. I was wondering if anyone has found a combination of spells (breach, dispel, pierce magic, etc..) that might make the demilich vulnerable to magic. Also, does this casting of 'magic resistance' reset his MR to 20 something percent? Is his spell immunity just a spell trap that would eventually exhasut itself? Lots of questions, but any advice is appreciated.

Peace and green pastures....

Old 11-07-2000, 02:28 PM   #2
Glorick the Half-Orc

If you want to kill him, there are many posts on this, just go back a few pages and look for "Demi-lich" or something similar.

Nobody has found any spells that work against him, but if I ever get my hands on my copy of monster manual, I know there are a few spells that work...

Old 11-07-2000, 06:43 PM   #3
Salty512

I just checked the Monstrous Compendium on the Demi Lich and it really doesn't offer anything useful as to how to circumvent all of these spell effects Bioware has given it's liches in BG2.

Old 11-08-2000, 12:09 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

You can find strategies on beating the demilich (and some pretty funny posts) here.
Old 11-08-2000, 12:49 AM   #5
fitz

thanks very much everybody.... that son of a lich is toast. i'll let you know if i find any unique ways to destroy his bony arse.

Old 11-10-2000, 03:47 PM   #6
Overton

possible spoiler....................................

Have you been transformed to the slayer yet? I met up with him around level 15-17...(Chapter 5 or 6). after whiping my tail several times, i decided to move myself and keldorn (and his +5 holy avenger) up to his face. Keldorn and i were hasted, and i turned into the slayer. He lasted maybe 2 rounds. However, you should note that the only damage that keldorn was doing to him was the extra damage that the sword does to evil...but every little bit helps.