Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 11-27-2003, 02:41 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Just wanted to give you a heads up, we haven't recieved enough donations to pay the bills for the bandwidth, so we may be down somewhere around Dec. 3rd through the 5th. Sucks, but we rely totally on donations to keep this site (forum) which includes the undermountain server.

I don't know when or if I we will be back up, or if we make the donations before Friday, but it looks bad.

Thanks, and sorry guys, I have run out of ideas.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 01:42 PM   #2
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

How much is still needed to reach the goal? I've been working so many hours lately I haven't been able to play EfU or anything else.

Please post how much more you need or link to any post that already tells us thanks I'll see how much I can at spare this time of year.

Happy Hollidays To you and your family Ziroc (Dan) and hope everyone can pitch in a little to help out the server.
Old 11-29-2003, 07:06 AM   #3
vergannen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi Ziroc,

Yeah, let us know how much is needed to keep things going, and I'll see if I can chip some money in (lord knows I spend enough time playing here!!) There's a couple of us play pretty regularily, so I'm sure we can help [img]redface.gif[/img] )

cheers

Rory
vergannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 05:05 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

This is a link to the thread that Ziroc started in General Conversations that mentions more about the cost as you have asked. However, there are two pages full of mostly people giving a reason why they cannot pay this month, but somewhere in there is thw quote on cost and what has been received.
Old 11-29-2003, 05:45 PM   #5
vergannen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

wow,

didn't realise this running a site/server was so expensive! Well I've chipped in $50, hope it helps [img]smile.gif[/img]

Can't let anything happen before I get a chance to play a 40th char through EfU ! Then I'll show those L10/L11 monsters what for !!!

cheers

Rory
vergannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 06:27 PM   #6
Son of Osiris

[img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img] If only I could give money. Undermountain is the best module I have ever played...
Old 12-05-2003, 06:51 AM   #7
Lord Nightwinter
Welcomed New User

Just a question, I have been following the EfU mod for a while now, unfortunately I am unable to play because my ex stole half my cd collection a long while back. Around the same time undermountain was still coming up. My question though is if the mod server goes down, will you ever consider distributing it? Personally I'd pay for the mod hosting myself if I had the money but real-life problems always keep me with low cash on hand. I don't know if this has been addressed somewhere else but I am just curious, I wouldn't want a good mod like that to die. I only play on my lan with a few friends I never really go online, too many people that like to pump their character up to max level and throw some bad arse stuff onto them. Anyway, enough of this rant, I am just curious if you ever plan on releasing the mod, sharing the love ya know? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2003, 11:06 AM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, Ziroc has mentioned in the past that he intends on releasing the mod when it is built completely. I cannot link you to the quote, however.

By the way: Congrats to your first post on IW! Don't be a stranger! Us North Carolinians can take over the forums pretty soon.
Old 12-05-2003, 11:44 AM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

We made it this Month, don't worry, we'll be here SOME way, SOME how till the end of time!! [img]smile.gif[/img] We've lasted since 1994-- hey, it's almost the 10 year ann!!!! Has it been that long? ggeeeeezzz...

Old 12-05-2003, 11:51 AM   #10
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

BTW, I sure will be releasing it, and it'll be up for download soon! (I want to finish levels 12-15 and drop the main plot in, then it'll be up for download here and at www.tgeweb.com (my other website I made)

Glad to see lots of folks enjoying the Mod!! Thats why I do it! [img]smile.gif[/img] The final version will have SO much more added, and it won't take long either, I have most of it ready on a sub mod waiting till I get the final levels done.

Should be cool! HotU is pretty nice!! I would have liked to have seen more placables though... You can never have enough placables!