Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 12-17-2000, 05:49 PM   #21
Frankenstein

Krom

My apologies my Russian friend. I guess your site just didn't work last night! It looks very well done, but I don't know any Russian, ok I can say "Babushka" (means old lady, right?), but that's it!

So, I haven't looked at it more, but I'm sure its a fine site. I forgot that "comrade" denoted communist, so very sorry for the mix up.

Hmm, it seems we always have sterotypes about other countries. Here in the US we have these funny commercials for "Fosters" lager from Australia. Every Aussie I've talked said its horrible, and as a native from there once told me "Mate, Foster's tastes like a warm dingo dogs pi**, and no Aussie I know drinks it!"

I do have a friend who speaks some Russian, maybe I will have him help me out. Care to teach a few Russian words to us? I do like languages, very much so. And how to pronounce them?

Best wishes from the US

FranknStein
Old 12-17-2000, 06:16 PM   #22
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

I am greatly appreciative of the great Russian institution of Vodka production

Or is that in and of itself a stereotype?

See, I am almost embrarrasingly ignorant of Russian archetypes. Here in America, the typical perception of Russia as a nation populated by large, unshaven women in fur hats bearing startingly good bottles of vodka, marvelous early 20th century orchestral composers, and excellent ballet dancers!

If you can release us from our ignorance and reveal some more thoughts, we shall be grateful!
freudianslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2000, 10:36 PM   #23
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Whenever I go out for a night on the town, I often think..

Sometimes I wonder if I'm sexy enough. When I walk into a singles bar with
my "fashionable" shirt, "fashionable" slacks, and a big new rubber
manta-ray helmet, I can't help wondering: Do women want to talk to me for
myself, or do they just want to get a feel of that nice rubber manta skin?
freudianslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2000, 12:20 AM   #24
Lily the Ranger

I think there can never be enough sites. I sure do like coming here and bantering with anyone and I have had an absolute blast writing stories about my characters that Slip has been kind enough to put up as his site. When I needed help with Riven, there was one chatroom that contained some obviously young, young folks so busy exchanging obscenities that I just left. I NEVER did finish that game. Ironworks directed me here and I have had such fun. Corresponded with some FASCINATING people. Most people here are helpful and light-hearted. WW is a great game and should have all the support it can get. Hope it can all continue.
Old 12-18-2000, 02:32 AM   #25
Ziroc

Freudianslip, will do - I also will add that great Russian site as well!

PS: I'm converting a HUGE walkthrough that Rick Volberding did on the Shurugeon Castle-Both a walkthrough AND a FULL MAP walkthrough with screenshots to walk you through every inch of it.. amazing detail. this ONE quest walkthrough has 20+ pages to it (to get an idea of the depth)-Rick, you rock!

The Walkthrough and links'll be up Sunday afternoon

Have a good one,

Ziroc
Ironworks WebMage
Old 12-18-2000, 03:56 AM   #26
GodMode

YES! W&W webring !(or web ring?)Like wizardry international webring!I like it!

Cossacs & Vodka - rulez! Hamburgers & Nascar- sux! Beavis&Butthead - Mast Die! Lenin&Stalin- Forever! and so on...no fun Anyway, if Activision enabled again multiplayer in W&W we can play in one party as the TEAM.
Old 12-18-2000, 04:26 AM   #27
carg
The Magister

Sorry Ziroc about the critical notes about your site,
your's was the first I found, and the hints/tips section really got me going. Only then I started hoping there would come more, and checking the site I saw news with today's date: "New hints/tips added", so full of expectations I opened that section, and there was nothing new. Bummers.
Perhaps you could add a date to each message. I'm looking forward to new additions
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2000, 04:40 AM   #28
Krom

GodMode! What do you want? You want americans to think that bears are still walking along the streets with the bottle of vodka? Russia is civilized country, but our goverment can't manipulate so big country.
Old 12-18-2000, 06:49 AM   #29
xenotoca

Godmode and Krom
dont worry about what those Americians think we here in the UK know Russia is just like America full of Mafioso. Why do you think we let that colony go so early.

But seriously dont know about the US but here in the UK we have the weird expectation that everybody should speak English so more power to you for taking part in the forum in what is not your native tounge. Dont worry that you Goverment cannot manage such a large country our Goverment cannot even manage this little one.

Wizards and Warriors of the world unite
Old 12-18-2000, 07:52 AM   #30
GodMode

Ooops!Sorry, Krom,- wrong vodka- i asked my bear to give me "Stolychnaya",but this stupid animal bring me "Moskovskaya"
How 'bout make link to Ziroc and Freudianslip's sites ? Too bad that time in America and Russia so different. May be you can contact American web-masters by ICQ off-line?
Xenotoca
No offence taken. We just discuss W&W sites on _WEB_. If site is bad - is bad, no matter what nation make it The question is "How good are you?" ,not "Where you from?"