Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-24-2001, 07:52 PM   #11
Moni

Hi Vaskez!
Welcome Back!
Tell us more about Hungary!

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 08-24-2001, 08:13 PM   #12
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

well a little list that explains why it was a good holiday:
Well it was all the stuff put together really that made it a great holiday.
Clubs open till 6am..although I only lasted till 4am or 3.30am most times.
Beautiful women.
Cinema tickets that are half the price they are in england.
Beer that is a quarter of the price....
Cheap public transport....hehehe.....for the equivalent of Ł2.50 I got a 30 day travel pass that allowed me unlimited travel on any bus, tram, underground, trolley bus or suburban railway in the city.
Great ice cream.
Did I mention cheap beer?

Oh yeah and one of Europe's biggest music festivals was on. I wonder if any of you Europeans have heard of the Pepsi Sziget festival in Budapest? It's on every year in August and sziget means island.... cos it's on an island in the river Danube. It's a week long and u can camp out on the island, but I only went out on the last day which was pretty damn good. And it's 24 hour non-stop performances from mainly European artists. This year there were over 400 000 visitors, mostly Hungarians but also Germans, Austrians, Italians etc. etc. And the vodka was cheap......

And there are many open-air clubs and some nights it was 30 degrees celsius at 3am.
And did I mention cheap beer? in the clubs.
And GOOD music...none of that cheesy Poopy like Steps and S-Club 7 which english clubs so like to play.
I could go on.....
Did I mention beautiful women?

Oh yeah I went to an open-air rock opera as well in Szeged and spent all night discovering the town....it's something about those warm summer nights that makes u wanna stay up....

and when I wasn't doing any of the above I was playing football or pool or whatever none of this sitting around playing on the computer or chattin, reading BB's or watching TV....u know what? I didn't even miss my computer

[This message has been edited by Vaskez (edited 08-24-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Vaskez (edited 08-24-2001).]
Old 08-24-2001, 08:16 PM   #13
Moni

Awesome!

I can only dream of a vacation so fulfilling!
So glad you got to go and had such a good time!
What more could a guy ask for? Cheap beer and beautiful women?

*hugs*
Welcome back

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Old 08-24-2001, 08:28 PM   #14
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

thanks Moni....only few people can be honestly happy at other people's good fortune.
Old 08-24-2001, 08:33 PM   #15
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
thanks Moni....only few people can be honestly happy at other people's good fortune.
Well shame on the rest of the population then!
I think what you got to experience is truly awesome!
That you enjoyed it and have no horror stories to tell makes it even better!

------------------

Old 08-24-2001, 08:56 PM   #16
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Hmmmm. I'm sorry Vaskez, I looked for July 25 threads, and I don't see where I participated, maybe you were thinking of Lady Avalon?

I hope I am not mistaken, I feel like shite if I do not remember speaking to you before. Again, either way, no worries eh? It is nice to meet you Now and I look forward to future conversations with you

------------------
Old 08-24-2001, 09:11 PM   #17
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Hmmmm. I'm sorry Vaskez, I looked for July 25 threads, and I don't see where I participated, maybe you were thinking of Lady Avalon?

I hope I am not mistaken, I feel like shite if I do not remember speaking to you before. Again, either way, no worries eh? It is nice to meet you Now and I look forward to future conversations with you

LOL thanks but I didn't mean July 25 threads. I meant that I left on July 25th....I remember u from threads way before then on no particular date.
Old 08-24-2001, 09:52 PM   #18
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
What more could a guy ask for? Cheap beer and beautiful women?
Cheap women and Beautiful beer

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 08-24-2001, 10:30 PM   #19
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well Vaskez, I will always remember you Now!

So did you do anything or see anything interesting in Hungary? Please tell!

------------------
Old 08-24-2001, 10:43 PM   #20
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Hello Vaskez! New here, just thought I'd say Hi!

------------------
The more thou sweateth in training, the less though bleedeth in combat