Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-17-2000, 01:25 AM   #11
BaatoRyan

Well my favorites are the ff:
1)Viconia-the best cleric
2)Aerie-great back-up
3)Minsc-very hilarious
4)Jaheira-ive learned to appreciate her... I realized that shes very versatile

HATES:
1)Anomen
2)Nalia
3)Edwin

"How are we helping the less fortunate trudging around in here?!"
bullshit

Old 12-17-2000, 08:05 AM   #12
cleric

My

(1) Imoen (My best FRIEND from bg1)
(2) Jaheria (She takes carry's me from BG1 Too now in BG2
(3) Aerie (My love)
(4) Vicona (Just COOL)
(5) Jan Jansen (FUNNYYYY!!!)

Old 12-17-2000, 11:20 AM   #13
IceFire

1) Minsc
2) Jaheira
3) Valygar
4) Nalia/Aerie (Ignore whining for mage power)

Hate
1) Anomen (Now here is a major class, obnoxious puke.)
2) Edwin (What's not to hate?)
3) Haven't decided here yet......

Old 12-17-2000, 11:27 AM   #14
ironfist

BaatoRyan, Nalia was keeping saying that while I was trying
to rescue her father, stupid hm

Old 12-17-2000, 06:15 PM   #15
Dr.FuManchu

My favorite Npc???easy...

1)Jaheira...cause she is a killing machine if u use her right
2)Viconia...cause she´s a EXXXELENT cleric and dead sexy
3)Jan Jansen...because i havent stopped laughing after i added him to my team
4)Korgan...hes just such a badass
5)Minsc...because of his stypid hamster (sorry boo)

Npc´s i hate???Just as easy...

1)Anomen...cause hes a George Michael look-a-like
2)Anomen...because of his Annoying voice
3)Anomen...cause he is such a weak annoying wannabe palladin whos only good at one thing...DYING

Generally i think that the evil npc´s are much cooler and more fun to play than the good ones....exept Minsc

Old 12-17-2000, 11:43 PM   #16
BaatoRyan

I know that ironfist! EXACTLY! I mean, hello? I'm saving your rich and loving father?! And you say that?! DAMN YOU!!!!!

"How are we helping the less fortunate trudging around in here?!"

Old 12-18-2000, 03:10 AM   #17
UserUnFriendly

Favs...
Aerie-now at decently high levels, can get a nice combo of spells both cleric and mage. gave her staff of thunder and lightning, after finishing nalia quest will give her belt of strength, and give minsc elven bow

jan-obvious reason (funny little man) plus he's way better than that snot nosed nalia as thief

minsc-for boo, the truely great space hamster. too bad there is no quest to recover boo's magical shapeshift into giant hamster, 100 hp, with special sonic squeak attack (save vs death or die like banshee wail), flame cage, which materializes a giant round structure, which boo will enter, and roll tword enemy inflicting 4d6 worth of fire damage, and nibble of death, bite attack which has 5% chance per hit of changing enemy to hamster pellets

kaldorn-best fighter in the game once I kill the red dragon and get holy avenger and red dragon armor

hate-

jewish b***** princess jaegira and nalia, as far as I'm concerned they're the same girl, just in different ages. dated one in college.

anomen-total wannabe self righous twirp
daegalis-prissy boy

nakimo-turns traitor later, so i never bothered to put him in my party.

ditched nalia and jaeghira early on. currently in nalia quest, however the quest is less interesting than continuing romance with aerie.

does anyone know how long after she says she wants to travel with you she offers to sleep with you? how many dialogs?

actually, the reason I chowse aerie and not virconia is I'm playing a neutral good party, and plan on evil much later. I also was curious as to why the hint book refers to her dialogs as "disturbing". she's a mess in much more appealing-ly whiny way than jaghira.

ok, this is a completely perverted question, but is anyone else trying a female lead character and activated the lesbian relationship using console commands? so far, the dialog is applicable to either a hetero or lesbian romance. bad me...

Old 12-18-2000, 05:10 AM   #18
Melusine
Dracolisk

You Pervert!
(er...is that even possible then?)
Old 12-18-2000, 05:33 AM   #19
UserUnFriendly

last rest period in nalia's castle she offered to tuck in with my lead female half elf sorceror. definately a virgin, got an appealing curiosity about sex. turned her down as per the posts in this forum becasue she's suppose to sleep with you later and will marry you.

anyway, activate the debug mode=1 in balder.ini, use CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("AerieMatch","Global",1)
with the latest ver of shadow keeper you can check to se if you did it right.

there are a lot of good posts about it in this forum.

I'm mostly curious to see how well the scripting is. oh yeah, she also calls my character a "man" so the developers were not total pervs.

warning:it took an awful long time to get to this point in the script, so you're better off setting the romance within a new game.

also, since the romance value probably doesn't delete if aerie, virconia or jahira gets petrified, or killed, this or "RomanceActive" should fix things if your love interest gets petrified or killed, and you've resurrected them or restored them. people have mentioned that will kill any interest in you by your honey.

download shadowkeeper, teh latest ver, and check the global variables. I bet this would fix things quite well.

Old 12-18-2000, 05:46 AM   #20
Armisael

I'm pretty sure Faerun religions don't condone same-sex marriages. That said, Aerie's is the most boring and irritating romance string in the game. Jaheira has the Harpers (and she's not annoying, dammit) and Viconia has her Drow heritage. What does Aerie have? The occasional little hissy-fit, long, tiresome angst sessions and that fling with Haer'Dalis if you actually bother to keep him around.