Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2002, 10:24 AM   #91
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Question Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by Kormar the Wanderer:
quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
That works too Lord Starshadow LOL! Hmmm... looks like the trick-or-treaters are done over here, haven't had a knock for 30 minutes now. So, now, I have an almost-full large bowl fulla candy! Albeit a lot if it is Sweet Tarts (those dang kids know how to go for the good ones!!)
Didn't get a SINGLE taker over here. Now I'm stuck with 8 lbs of candy. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Ridiculous...guess that's the last year I'll do that!

Won't go to waste, though. I'll treat my students tomorrow with the leftovers. They'll be happy. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,
-Sazerac (leaving to go to a party very soon.)
[/QUOTE]Same thing that happened a few years in a row after I moved to another part of the city. Went from getting tons of kids and running through about 20 1 pound bags of candy in under three hours to getting three or four rings of the doorbell all night until I finally gave up...
[/QUOTE]G'day Kormar, good to see you again. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-01-2002, 10:27 AM   #92
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kormar the Wanderer:
quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Staying home, snuggling my guy, handing out candy and making stuffed shells for dinner.
Got any of those stuffed shells left? You live close enough to drop them off...[/QUOTE]Hi Kormie! I'm happy to see you here! Yup, had some leftover but they're on the menu for the weekend...*sends a few by virtual delivery*

Hope the work is going well. Jim's still looking. He's interviewed and come sooooooo close a few times...sigh.. still, I'm sure he'll find something soon.
Old 11-01-2002, 10:30 AM   #93
Suzaku
Drow Warrior

Got to work on my Social research term paper most of the evening, and since our computer is in the living room with some lights on, kids came ringing even though we didn't have a pumpkin...unobservative ppl nowadays...
Old 11-02-2002, 02:44 AM   #94
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
What am i gonna do? I´m going to take the sharpest kitchen knife from my kitchen, and then wait by the door till someone says "Trick or treat?". Then i'll stab the #€$%er. You know why? Because it's an American(or maybe some other country's?) tradition and NOONE in The Most Perfect County Of All Perfect Countries(Estonia) should celebrate it. Way too much Americalization(is that a word?) going around here..
Uss, how can you be such a juvenile idiot ??
Sure, there`s too much Americanisation going on around the world, but that is no excuse to say what you did. Don`t disrespect people just because you disagree with what they`re doing.

Get some sense before you get yourself banned.

On a lighter note, I didn`t do anything for haloween- noone ever does where I live

[ 11-02-2002, 02:45 AM: Message edited by: LennonCook ]
Old 11-02-2002, 03:29 AM   #95
Kormar the Wanderer
Manshoon

Memn... Cloudy... Good to see the two of you again. And virtual food doesn't do it for me, C... Could trade you for some homemade pierogies...

[ 11-02-2002, 03:32 AM: Message edited by: Kormar the Wanderer ]
Old 11-02-2002, 03:37 AM   #96
Sigmar
Unicorn

I did homework on Halloween...

Yes I decided not to go partying and thus I was left in charge of supplying little children with candy inbetween studies, although there was one kid that made it all worthwhile.

He was dressed up as B.A Barakas from the A-Team (Mr T!), I gave the foo and his friends an extra load of candy for that, although they would have gotton the whole bowl if they had come as the cast from transformers
Old 11-02-2002, 07:59 AM   #97
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yuk, homework, Sig? At least you had some cute costumed kids show up!

Kormie, LOL! At least we're having decent weather now!
Old 11-02-2002, 08:02 AM   #98
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Yuk, homework, Sig? At least you had some cute costumed kids show up!

Yeah, still I wish they wouldn't give me homework during midterm.
Old 11-02-2002, 08:09 AM   #99
Kaltia
Jack Burton

halloween/ Well, i didn't do what i threatened to do (Stand on my door and yell obscenities) but did cut my fingers cutting the damn pumpkin and got sent to my room for swearing about it!!!!
Then to top it off my mum decided I should be the one to answer the door and say no to all the trick or treaters and one of them was my best friend from primary school. I could not believe what i was seeing. She has a KID!!!!!! It's about TWO YEARS OLD! I know she's not even sixteen yet so i was kind of "false smile, sorry Nicola, nothing here," type thing
Old 11-02-2002, 08:10 AM   #100
Steve Fox
Banned Troll
Drow Warrior

I didn't have an erge to dress up and i didn't want to say "trick or treat" so I went and stood at poeples door steps when they answered i did a stupid dance and then held out my hand,you'd suprised how much I earned,you have got to try it its fun!!!