Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2002, 08:34 PM   #71
theholyavenger
Manshoon

My perceptions for China is that the country will not be far from prosperity. As i beginning to notice, China is eagerly developing and drastically changing in the past few years. In contrast to the China we know 50 years before, the country has prospered a lot. Before, people living in Hong Kong used to despise immigrants from China (YES, chinese discriminates other chinese people , i know cause i once lived in HK). But now as the segregation lessen, Hong Kong people begin to move into China because it is prospering at an incredible pace.

Nevertheless, i think that the Olympic chosen to hold in Beijing have a huge influence over the prosperity of China.
\"There once was a warrior true,<br />with the sense knocked out of him, too.<br />But in a hamster he found,<br />some wisdom profound,<br />and now where goes he goes his Boo!\"<br /><br />~Crazy Celvan in Baldur\'s Gate II Shadows of Amn
Old 08-25-2002, 08:38 PM   #72
K T Ong
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by theholyavenger:
(YES, chinese discriminates other chinese people , i know cause i once lived in HK).
It's true. And very sad.
Old 08-25-2002, 08:44 PM   #73
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by K T Ong:
The truth certainly can hurt at times. And there are more than a few truths about America which just don't make her look too good either. An estimate of 3 million civilians got killed by American carpet-bombing in North Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia during the Vietnam War.

Yeah declared wars suck that way don't they? It wasnt the Americans the forced the targets, it was the ever so polite and friendly Chinese and NVA that put military targets in the middle of their civilian populations...really good idea they had huh? (were you alive during the conflict? just curious..I was)

And at the end of the Gulf War, American forces buried alive 150,000 conscripts who had already surrendered and were therefore no longer a threat.

What in the heck are you talking about? That NEVER happened. The US never burried alive any POWs and the USA did not NEED conscripts since the US doctrine in the Gulf War was one of MOBILITY not static defenses.

Okay, America might not kill her own people (actually there are a few rumors that suggest otherwise), but she kills people all the same.

Umm yeah and then there is the Grassy Knoll theroy too and look out for the black helecopters and the Men in Black...and don't forget the X-files [img]smile.gif[/img]

No hard feelings, please.
I have no hard feeling but I think you have a couple of wires crossed. I do value your input but your second premise leads me to believe you may be less than accurately informed

[ 08-25-2002, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 08-25-2002, 08:48 PM   #74
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by theholyavenger:
My perceptions for China is that the country will not be far from prosperity. As i beginning to notice, China is eagerly developing and drastically changing in the past few years. In contrast to the China we know 50 years before, the country has prospered a lot. Before, people living in Hong Kong used to despise immigrants from China (YES, chinese discriminates other chinese people , i know cause i once lived in HK). But now as the segregation lessen, Hong Kong people begin to move into China because it is prospering at an incredible pace.

Nevertheless, i think that the Olympic chosen to hold in Beijing have a huge influence over the prosperity of China.
I agree, it doesnt hurt that the USA pumps something to the tune of 70 BILLION dollars a year into their economy [img]smile.gif[/img] The Chinese Space program is set to really leap ahead too, now that US companies like Raytheon have helped them solve their guidance and controll problems [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think the Olympics in China will help move relations along quite nicely.

Old 08-25-2002, 08:49 PM   #75
K T Ong
Symbol of Cyric

To MagiK:

Dunno. Quoted those figures from a book. If you wish you can go sue the authors. But I suppose you'll have to read the book carefully first.

[ 08-25-2002, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: K T Ong ]
Old 08-25-2002, 08:52 PM   #76
MagiK

I do have a question about China....What exactly are the Chinese intentions toward Taiwan and why on earth do they feel they need so many thousands of missiles pointed at such a small island?

Since K.T. And others on here live much closer to the situation Im interested in hearing an insiders opinion on this matter.

Old 08-25-2002, 08:54 PM   #77
K T Ong
Symbol of Cyric

I mentioned a book in my previous post on this thread.

This is the book.
Old 08-25-2002, 08:59 PM   #78
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by K T Ong:
I mentioned a book in my previous post on this thread.

This is the book.
Thanks Ill check it out...I think I heard it mentioned somewhere.... Anyway does it cover my Taiwan question? or is it about the "human rights" discussion we embarked on?

Old 08-25-2002, 09:00 PM   #79
K T Ong
Symbol of Cyric

Doesn't really cover much on Taiwan, except as a sideline.
Old 08-26-2002, 03:38 AM   #80
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

cant really see it from here, so i just sort of look at it on the map if i take a notion to.