Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-18-2002, 05:46 PM   #1
WillowIX
Apophis

The ywo ten year old girls who´s been missing for two weeks have now been found dead in Suffolk. Here´s the statement:
Quote:
It is almost exactly two weeks since Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman disappeared from this town sparking a massive inquiry to find them.
It is with great sadness that I have to tell you the following news.

It may be some days yet before we are able to positively identify the two bodies found at Common Drove near Lakenham in Suffolk yesterday lunchtime.

However we are as certain as we possibly can be tonight that they are those of Holly and Jessica.

Holly and Jessica's families have been told this terrible news.

Before I say anything else can I suggest that we pause for a moment in silence in memory of these two little girls and out of respect for their families and their many hundreds of friends.

Holly and Jessica were reported missing on the evening of Sunday 4 August and, since that time, a huge effort has been mounted to find them.

We, like the families, refused to give give up hope that the girls would be found alive and well.

Our heartfelt sympathy goes out to Holly's parents and brother and Jessica's parents and sisters at this ghastly time.

An enormous effort involving hundreds of police officers, civilians and scores of experts worked tirelessly to trace the girls and the sense of sorrow is now felt acutely.

Holly and Jessica's families continue to be supported by trained family liaison officers at this, the bleakest of moments.

They are being given every possible support and this support will continue in the days, weeks and months to come.

A man and a woman are under arrest for the murder of Holly and Jessica. The man is also under arrest for abduction.

They remain in custody this evening and will spend another night at separate police stations in Cambridgeshire.

Because legal proceedings are active I am unable to say anything more about this line of the inquiry.

Now is a time for quiet contemplation. It's a time to respect the grief of Holly and Jessica's families. I ask you to respect their need for privacy.

The people of Soham have had their daily lives turned upside down by the presence of the media during the last fortnight.

You have all played a very important part in the hunt for Jessica and Holly and for that, I thank you.

But perhaps now I may invite you to consider that media representatives should withdraw from this community for a while to allow it to come to terms with its terrible loss.
What kind of human beings can do such a thing???

[ 08-18-2002, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 08-18-2002, 05:48 PM   #2
Lioness
Jack Burton

Sick people.
Old 08-18-2002, 05:53 PM   #3
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

I'm not one for the death penatly but... the ppl that did this to those two children SHOULD be exectued, its sick. What kinda of a HUMAN would do that to CHILDREN?!
Old 08-18-2002, 05:55 PM   #4
skywalker
Banned User

I wonder what is going on in this world. This type of tragedy has been happening in America a lot lately. It is very sad that children are no longer safe playing in their own neighborhoods.

This should not be.

Mark
Old 08-18-2002, 06:04 PM   #5
SomeGuy
Unicorn

DAMMIT!!!!!!!! I'm sick of stuff like this happing.I hate those sick child abductors.They make me sick.This world is coming to aan oblivion!For all you sick child molesters,abductors,and murderers out there,I hope that you are caught and instead of the electric chair,or any other way the deal with you evil,vile,sick people,be given a more painful and hurtful way to die for what you've done. What IS the world coming to?!
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 08-18-2002, 09:05 PM   #6
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yeah it is sick world we dont have things like that here yet but it is matter of time before it will come here to. I can say i hate peoples that can do things like that to those small girls!
Old 08-19-2002, 03:52 AM   #7
andrewas
Harper

This is one of the most depressing things to happen in the UK since the Dowler case in march. (A girl that just dissapeared, no leads, no nothing). And before that the payne murder. (Similar to this, girl waled out of a field and was found dead a month later). What makes these people tick? How can they do this?

The latest one is particularly disgusting - the couple they mention are a school caretaker and a supply teacher, who were friends of the girls. Hell, the bloke was even in the paper going on about how heartbroken he was over the dissapearance and how he was probably the last person to talk to them. He was making this statement (and leading the search for the girls) in the full knowledge of what had happened to them. (Of course he may be innocent after all, hasnt been put on trial yet.)

But if you want a true indictment of human nature:

A week after they went missing, there was an upsurge in tourism in the town. Poeple were going there specificaly to see the place where it happened, and some with the stated hope of finding information that would get them the reward.

People like that scare me.
Old 08-19-2002, 05:41 AM   #8
Lifetime
Red Dragon

The world is a very, very, VERY wrong place to live in. It depresses me to know that society is dipping into lower levels of decadance every day.
Old 08-19-2002, 10:43 PM   #9
Oblivion437
Baaz Draconian

They deserve not the martial dignity of the firing squad. They should have their noses and ears sliced off with fish hooks, put in a bag with a wild animal and be thrown in the river.
Old 08-19-2002, 11:14 PM   #10
Evil Al
Drow Warrior

I really don't know what to say about this... For one I'm shocked that anyone would do this to children. But in the same way I feel pity for the people who did this too them. I think someone hit the nail right on the head by saying they are sick. Doesn't sick mean that these people need treatment instead of just shooting them like curs? I should point out that I work with children so don't shoot me for not jumping on the "Murder-Death-Kill" band wagon. In my opinion its exactly that kind of hate that leads to child abuse. I live near to Peterhead prison. For those who don't know that Peterhead prison is for rapists and the like. It has been well proven that treatment makes people much less likly to reoffend. I have seen the scars caused by years of abuse and all I can say is, the whole of man kind is to blame. Society as a whole drives people to it. We are all about hate.

Do you really think that the people *accused* of this crime are going to get a fair trail? Of course not. They are already proven guilty by the angry mob baying for blood. The police might as well string them to a tree without a trail.

People who harm those who are so innocent and pure do make me sick... But then again, so does hate mongering.
I\'m not bigheaded but go here and tell me just how sexy i am [url]\"http://www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard\" target=\"_blank\">www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard</a><br /><br />War in iraq? Not in my name!<br /><br />Disarm America.