Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-23-2005, 08:55 PM   #31
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

A-decent-1, No problem at the moment, but for future reference, just saying 'no offense intended' in your sig or post won't solve any problems if anyone actually gets offended, so it's still necessary to be careful what you post. [img]smile.gif[/img]

My opinion on this is that the countries in need of help aren't making the complaints about not getting their funding so it's most likely not the issue they're concerned about as others have noted.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:38 PM   #32
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by a_decent_1:
Neways, There are many things that are impossible, Like "Building a bridge along the Pacific Ocean"
Hmm, I don't know, with sufficient recourses and time, something like that would be very possible, just improbable.....
But I understand what you mean, there are many things that are "impossible"
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 02:38 AM   #33
a_decent_1
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
A-decent-1, No problem at the moment, but for future reference, just saying 'no offense intended' in your sig or post won't solve any problems if anyone actually gets offended, so it's still necessary to be careful what you post. [img]smile.gif[/img]

My opinion on this is that the countries in need of help aren't making the complaints about not getting their funding so it's most likely not the issue they're concerned about as others have noted.
Ok taken,

I'll take care. But jus' to add "If people understand i am talking about a TOPIC and not their Country or Themselves, i wld never need to end a topic with no offence intended"

Anyways ... Wld try to not be offensive .. (am i offensive BTW)
a_decent_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 03:22 AM   #34
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

Ok taken,

I'll take care. But jus' to add "If people understand i am talking about a TOPIC and not their Country or Themselves, i wld never need to end a topic with no offence intended"

Anyways ... Wld try to not be offensive .. (am i offensive BTW)
[/QUOTE]We are a pretty grown up group of people here and are generally able to argue about a topic not the person who has posted the topic. The people here are pretty thick skinned so you shouldn't have a problem with your topics. Just be prepared for people to argue back with you and understand that they are arguing with you about the topic.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:49 AM   #35
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
quote:
quote:
Whoa, so you Aussies did pledged 1 billion Aussie dollars? My mistake. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Man, Just to add one thing ... I am really not sure about ur Signature .. I think there r many things that are impossible.. (no offence intended) [/QUOTE]I have had that signature for years and I've almost forgotten I had it. I don't know where it comes from.

BTW, a_decent_1, you don't need to end all your post with "no offence intended". None is taken. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Well i have actually been through times when Others have taken my words , or say my thoughts as "Offending" .. So just to make sure that there is no misunderstanding i just quote "no offence intended".

Its actually to make sure that I am talking about the Topic and not the "topic starter" .. If i am angry , thats on the topic and not the Topic starter.

Neways, There are many things that are impossible, Like "Building a bridge along the Pacific Ocean"

Anyways .... how long u been here?
[/QUOTE]You only need to add "no offence intended" if you believe what you're about to say is gonna offend anyone.

BTW, I've been here since January 2003; it says so at the bottom of this post "Registred: Jan 2003".
Old 05-25-2005, 10:53 AM   #36
a_decent_1
Banned User

yeah,

Nice to know people here are GROWN UPS. [img]smile.gif[/img]
a_decent_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 11:53 AM   #37
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
quote:
quote:
Whoa, so you Aussies did pledged 1 billion Aussie dollars? My mistake. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Man, Just to add one thing ... I am really not sure about ur Signature .. I think there r many things that are impossible.. (no offence intended) [/QUOTE]I have had that signature for years and I've almost forgotten I had it. I don't know where it comes from.

BTW, a_decent_1, you don't need to end all your post with "no offence intended". None is taken. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Sounds like a quote from HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy

Vote Beeblebrox
Old 05-25-2005, 12:37 PM   #38
Djinn Raffo
Ra

The report appears to be ludicrous.
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 01:01 PM   #39
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Vote Beeblebrox
[/QUOTE]It is? I really don't remember where I got it from, so it might be true.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:22 PM   #40
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Vote Beeblebrox
[/QUOTE]It is? I really don't remember where I got it from, so it might be true.
[/QUOTE]ooh look at the pyramid [img]tongue.gif[/img]

It sounds like something from HHGttG, the ship ran on probability, or the lack thereof, if you could figure out the odds of something happening the ship could make it happen.