Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 04-08-2001, 03:54 PM   #1
Dunstan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi guys and gals,

There I am in the sewers and i just picked up Keldorn before entering the cult compound. I get halfway down the hallway towards that first locked door, and my game crashes. I am not using any cheats whatsoever. My other two saved games do not crash, or have not crashed at any point. I even did the Cult quest with my other saved games and i have had no problems. It continues to crash after a few seconds after loading the auto-save. Any Ideas??
Old 04-08-2001, 04:21 PM   #2
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

you should empty the override folder. Sometimes if the game is loading an area and somehow you stop it (suddenly turning off the computer or something)a "broken" file is stored in that folder, so the game will try to read it the next time you go into the affected area and will crash again.

Try it out and tell us if it works.

Remember, if you have the Bonus CD or self-made items, save them up so that you can reinstall them later.

------------------
"Let my spells do the dirty work" Ertai, High Sorceror of the Holy Flame
Old 04-08-2001, 04:38 PM   #3
Dunstan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well that did not work, but it was definitely worth a try, Thanks for the idea though. Maybe the saved game is corrupted somehow? This isn't that big of a deal though.

Thanks again
Old 04-08-2001, 04:50 PM   #4
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Hm it worked for me when i had a similar situation.
I think you should reinstall then (yeah, i know its boring ). Maybe you should wait to see if someone else has any suggestions, otherwise reinstall and try again. If you do it, rememeber to keep your "save" folder over there (you might want to keep the mpsave and character folders too, and even the portraits one if you have any).

Keep us informed

------------------
"Let my spells do the dirty work" Ertai, High Sorceror of the Holy Flame