Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2006, 04:47 PM   #11
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

Wow, that does work Moose.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 04:55 PM   #12
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by True_Moose:
I'm fairly sure you're right, Bjorn. From personal experience, and by looking through a number of online guides, it seems you need only be lawful good to get the Purifier. Virtue or Improved Hell Trials will solve your issue, Klorox.
That's right...you don't need to be a paladin to get the sword, just lawful good. And I'm 100% sure about that. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:03 PM   #13
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Quite frankly, I like Blackrazor more than The Purifier. But that's my personal bias.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 04:54 PM   #14
Redcodekevin
Dungeon Master

Once Minsc got it for me, so it's not even lawful good.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:12 PM   #15
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrvias:
Quite frankly, I like Blackrazor more than The Purifier. But that's my personal bias.
So use True Moose's technique to get the Purifier, then get Blackrazor and dual wield them. Sounds like fun! (I keep getting this mental image of the hands holding the swords trying to fight each other in a kind of schizoid tango!) [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2006, 01:20 PM   #16
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by True_Moose:
I got it!!!! . . .
i'm confused - would you just not choose to level up once you'd hit 15?

would you loose all the accumulated XP when you dualled or would you keep them somehow and zoom up the thief levels straight away
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 02:21 PM   #17
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

You would cruise along with the level up option, but not actually levelling up. Once you did level up, you would start as a level 1 thief, with 0 XP (all the extra XP would be gone.) As such, I would wait until after the final SoA battle, then get to Watcher's Keep as fast as possible, putting all my stats into the hiding skills. You'd have decent strength, and be able to get up to a 4x or so backstab modifier by sneaking around and getting quest XP, giving you a decent tactical option. Also, many of the Watcher's Keep random spawns are based on level, so you'd be okay for a bit.
True_Moose is offline   Reply With Quote