Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2002, 05:48 PM   #11
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Grungi:
i been playing way too much baldurs gate, gone through all the other games
baldurs gate
diabloII
fallout II
morrowind
quake3
counterstrike

arghghgh too many, trying to master them all, but with fallout2, diabloII etc i completed them and only now coming back to them, baldurs gate is annoying me now cos i cant play anything else till i completed it well and truly, then i can bury it and never play it again [img]tongue.gif[/img] i love this game but 5 hours a night just to nail it is not good, my girlfriend is probably wondering if i currently exist [img]smile.gif[/img]
Quake 3. Great game.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 07:24 AM   #12
Grungi
Banned User

was world number 1 at quake3 freeze for two weeks [img]smile.gif[/img] love that game

and a diablo char would own a bg one, 50 odd levels higher and with hitpoints in the high hundreds? even a party of them wouldnt work plus you have high resistances to all types of attack and one hit from your weapon and thats one dead, if they summoned minions you'd carve through em easy, i challenge your bg party to a duel with my diablo2 barbarian [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 04:00 AM   #13
Kormar the Wanderer
Manshoon

And don't forget... I've returned to lend my... ummm... wisdom...
Old 11-03-2002, 04:29 AM   #14
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
was world number 1 at quake3 freeze for two weeks [img]smile.gif[/img] love that game
and a diablo char would own a bg one, 50 odd levels higher and with hitpoints in the high hundreds? even a party of them wouldnt work plus you have high resistances to all types of attack and one hit from your weapon and thats one dead, if they summoned minions you'd carve through em easy, i challenge your bg party to a duel with my diablo2 barbarian [img]tongue.gif[/img]
badet was referring to a BG2 party, in which case an Mage will KO any Diablo2 character with Time Stop and Imprisonment. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 07:08 AM   #15
Grungi
Banned User

yeah but level 50 would have awesome saving throws plus magic resistance etc so those spells would bounce [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2002, 03:31 PM   #16
Midget Gems

Hi, to everyone on the forum from Midget Gems.

I’ve not been posting anything for the last few months ‘cos I’m lost in the dark depths of BG2, but I try to check out your messages during my lunch-break. So, yes it’s good to see that this board is doing so well – so well that I am inspired to contribute some more words of wisdom about adventuring with my small (vertically challenged) friends.

So watch out for Midget Gems – a legend in their own lunchtime.
Old 11-04-2002, 08:09 PM   #17
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
yeah but level 50 would have awesome saving throws plus magic resistance etc so those spells would bounce [img]smile.gif[/img]
Time Stop and Imprisonment both ignore Saves and Magic Resistance, sorry. A lot of spell protections won't block Imprisonment, either. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2002, 11:47 PM   #18
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Besides... Diablo2 has no Magic Resistance to speak of. They only have Magic Damage Resistance, Physical Damage Resistance, and Elemental Resistances.

Saving throws work differently in Diablo2 as well.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 03:57 AM   #19
ryaldin
Elminster

Either way, Baldur's Gate is undeniably the better game of the two. I mean, how can you compete with a game where the following line is spoken:

"My lung! It's flopping all over the dirt...damn.
Old 11-05-2002, 07:49 AM   #20
Grungi
Banned User

actually you'd still lose unless youcould cast before my leap attack hit you and as you CANT hit someone leaping with anything, i win muahahaha so one leap attack 200 poison damage and your history before you can get your spells in, and if i keep leaping no spells affect me anyway [img]smile.gif[/img]