Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 06-03-2006, 08:37 PM   #51
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Hi again! *waves* [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]

Agreed on McDonalds - I don't think I could, either. Apparently Starbucks has job offers, though, and that way I'd learn to mix a mean coffee. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I don't think translation jobs are available to undergrads, though, and I'm not that good anyway. (The only languages I know to that kind of degree are English and German, really. My French is awful, no one needs Latin and the less said about my Gaelic and Arabic the better). It'd be cool if I could get something like that though - or programming or some such. What did I do this C course for! Still, not exactly the most usual student job; I'm still unqualified labour at this point and can only work odd hours.

...unfortunately, I'm all booked out for the next few months. I might, however, come back to the UK a bit early, sometime in August. Then I could go to London and visit you - or you could come up to Edinburgh and visit me, go to the Festival and stuff. [img]smile.gif[/img] It all depends on money and how I'm doing and how the wisdom teeth go and that kind of stuff, though.

I think I'd prefer snow to dying of heat, really. I'm a Northern European at heart; anything about 30 degrees C is too wark for me. :/

EDIT because I'd forgotten all the neat smileys this place has! [img]graemlins/fairy.gif[/img]

[ 06-03-2006, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: Kaz ]
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 08:52 PM   #52
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Trade heat for snow any time. As it so happens, the fiance has a cousin in Edinburgh she wants to visit when she's over here (she's coming to Ireland for a year soon) and so.. I want to tag along. Of course anytime she's over here, I want to be with her, so that's pretty much a given. Since she'll be in Edinburgh anyway - dunno when, maybe I'll pop in and say hi. Along the lines of "Hi, nice to meet you fiance's-cousin, *drink a cup of coffee*, I'd love to stay and chat, but I'm meeting a friend at the uni... ...mind giving me directions on how to get there?" .

Hmm. I dunno much about programming languages or translation things, but they seem to be your thing - what with your love of maths and languages. As to unusual jobs - you wouldn't be you if you didn't pick something "odd" . Hopefully you'll find something you like though! Still, its good you're booked up - it means you won't get bored (hopefully) during summer [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 08:58 PM   #53
Kaz

That'd be neat! You could also bring everyone by for a cup of tea. Take a look at my new MOST GORGEOUS IN THE ENTIRE WORLD flat and all - I think I can fit four people at the table. Not saying I don't want you to stop by for a bit so we can chat, I'd just also like to meet your fiance sometime...

Next to all the traveling, I'm having treatment for two cysts and two wisdom teeth taken out. I think the chances of me being *bored* are very, very low! Plus, I'm thinking of getting Oblivion to help me through the pain. [img]smile.gif[/img] Still, I'm coming back from Cyprus in July and need to be back in Scotland in September. I'm keeping things free so if the wisdom teeth removal goes wrong (like it did the first two times :roll: ) I have plenty of time to recuperate, but if it doesn't I'll have to find something else to do.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:05 PM   #54
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Oh, I'd love to introduce the two of you. I'm sure you'd get on... *recalls memories* a little too well. I'm quite sure you'd both be quiet, shy at first, and then I'd say something and you'd both gang up on me at once and start giggling/smiling. Then you'd hit it off and well, I'd have no ground left to stand on. . I'd love to come and have tea with you sometime too!

Eww at wisdom teeth. Don't you *ever* not have problems with them? :|. Sounds like you really have got a busy summer ahead of you [img]smile.gif[/img] . I've got almost nothing planned, other than having a dutch friend over for three weeks come July and visting the fiance in Ireland - oh, and working.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:19 PM   #55
Kaz

Heh! That sounds as if it would be fun... we can plot Evil Things to do to you together! Mwahahahahaha! *looks for evil laughing smiley*

And, yes, the first two wisdom teeth sort of had this absolute record of problems that occurred. I am hence very nervous about this lot... but it needs to happen, as I am getting the toothaches From Hell. :/
Well, that sounds fine too! Working is something to do, after all - and nice to hear that you have a friend visiting! I hope you'll have a great time. And Ireland, of course. Psst - bring me some Irish Euros! They're missing from our collection.

Speaking of fun, it has been so and all but I'd probably better get to bed. It's 2 in the morning and my eyes are falling shut!

[img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] to everyone!

[img]graemlins/fairy.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2006, 11:57 PM   #56
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Speaking of which, Astrid, do you think you'll be able to come stay with me in London at some point this summer? I'll be there until the end of September. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 03:28 PM   #57
Kaz

Hey, that might actually work- I'm thinking of coming back to the UK early this year; sometime August or something. I could, of course, just take a flight to London instead and spend some time there before I head back north-

flying to Edinburgh from London's cheaper than taking the train, isn't it. [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

It all depends on my wisdom teeth, though; if things go badly I might be tied up in Germany for a while or have to visit the dentist in London or something.

Cafe's quieter than I remember, btw - anyone else here? Hellooooooo?

*echoing silence*
Old 06-04-2006, 03:35 PM   #58
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Yes, unfortunately. The trains are ridiculously expensive here - although you could try applying for a student railcard while you're still here. Take your passport (photo iD), a spare passport-sized photo of you, your student ID card and £25 to a train station. The Young Person' railcard has been a lifesaver for me, given the trip home from Canterbury.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 04:14 PM   #59
Stratos
Vampire

*walks into the café*

Something strong, please. I don't care if it's booze or p*ss.

I have a seminar tomorrow, last one before summer break. Wish me luck.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:15 PM   #60
Kaz

Ah, right. I remember something about that! Might be worth it, although I'm not really planning to travel much more than that. *doesn't trust the British rail system, whut.*
Also, if you're interested, you could come visit me up in Edinburgh sometime - mid-August is Festival period, after all.

Hi, Stratos! [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] I don't think I'm authorised to serve things here anymore, but I'm sure you'll find something behind the bar. And good luck with your seminar! *last exams were a few weeks ago. Glee!*