Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-03-2001, 09:48 PM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

He had been standing there in the darkness for the whole night seemed like ages. The cool, gentle morning breeze started even before the first beam of sunlight hits the western sky. It was still an hour before dawn. Under his hood, monring water dripped down from his silvery and grey hair as seconds passing by. His dark, solid feature remained motionless, so motionless that he seemed not to be breathing. and he seemed to be blending in the darkness with such a perfection that humiliates the most boasting thief of the Sword Coast. If you are a travler that happened to walk by, you wouldn't have noticed a thing...

I do not remember how many times I have been here. perhaps a hundred? perhaps a thousand? I do not recall.... sigh, time has simply lost its meaning on me... I have only the most vague collection of what it was like, it was like... (thinking for a long moment) it was like... it was NOTHING like this. but what was it like? was it love? was it warmth? was it comfort? (smile bitterly) how distance these words seem to me now... (silence, lost in memory, breath a frustrated sigh) why, even this sweet night air tastes like nothing to me, I somtimes wonder... why do I continue breathing? whats the point of doing it? (waves his hand once as if trying to catch the air) It is funny how I ... (seeking for the right word) appreciate? irritate? desire?... the air more than anyone else I knew of. (another long moment of silence) it is as if I am ... alive once again. (laughs at himself) what does it mean by alive anyway! till this point of my life, I only know two things: pleasure, and the numbness after that.

(breath another breath of air, shakes his head) why... pleasure... even that has losts its excitment on me. now I only look for the numbness, the total, absolute, pure existence of nothingness, even that seems better than pleasure... (moment of silence, long moment of silence) why me?

(breath) Jessica... how foreign this name sounds to me... the longer I live, the futhur this piece of memory seems to be drifting away from me. or maybe it was I who drift away from it? like a broken vessle in the infinity ocean, hanging there in the water, up and down, move futher and futher away from that little light in the distance... Jessica... why do I still remember your name? why? and what is that tiny sparkle of ... (seeking the right word) pleasureable? happy? warm? ... sensation traveling through my nerves when I call upon your name? (silence)

This is the place where we used to watch sun rise together... ohhh, sun rise... ohh sun rise... what a crude joke! (angers build in) it is a lie! it is a lie! it is a lie! it is a lie! all this must be a lie! why!? (scream silently) for I cannot even look at that evil thing! what is warmth? what is light? it is all a freaking lie! damn you all to abyss! I will kill you ALL! YOU ALL!!!

(silence)
(silence)
(silence)
if it is a lie... let me face it for what it is... just for once...

as the first beam of morning sun hits the western sky, the motionless figure trembled visibly. he cluntched his hood tightly around him, yet he stood resolutely, facing the eastern sky. another thirty seconds passed, which seemed like an eternity, the world was lighten up by the grace of the morning sun. smoke with burning sound came out from the figure under the hood... with a yielding scream, then poooof, black smoke, the dark figure disappeared, and a batlike creature flew with all speed into the shadow of deep forests

and the sun rises

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 10-03-2001).]
Old 10-03-2001, 10:00 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Wow...very nice.
You know...there is alot of talent in our forum.
We should do something, and publish it...or something...

------------------

Member of the OHF and Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.
Old 10-03-2001, 10:03 PM   #3
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

That would be interesting Larry. Start a story and have everyone pitch in.

------------------
Offical Bartender Of KFA

Free drinks to all you ALSB guys *grins*
Old 10-03-2001, 10:08 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Deiter Leafblade:
That would be interesting Larry. Start a story and have everyone pitch in.

We did try that once, though I was not involved,,,but some people ruined the show with some stupidity, so I heard...

------------------

---------------------
Old 10-03-2001, 10:12 PM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
We did try that once, though I was not involved,,,but some people ruined the show with some stupidity, so I heard...

that will definately happen

it would be better if participants really put thoughts into it, and not joking around

I'd welcome anyone who can come up with great designs to write my story

here is idea, think about what to write along the lines:
who is this vampire?
how did he become what he is?
what is he looking for in his life?
will he find it?

who are his foes?
Will his foes successfully destroy this vampire before he gets what he wanted?

who is Jessica?
what happened between Jessica and this vampire?

are there any other vampires in this story? who perpahps represent a different side even from THIS particular vampire?

what idea are you trying to tell in the story?

everyone is welcomed to participate! but if you are stupid, I will hunt you down...

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 10-03-2001).]
Old 10-04-2001, 06:25 AM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

any other comments?
Old 10-04-2001, 06:35 AM   #7
Ed
Manshoon

What you could do is to write the story like that, and have people chip in their little "nuggets" of literature, and have one person, like 250 for example, who acts as an editor and shifts through the crap, to produce quite a good novel. I'm sure with the ammount of people that come here we could come up with some pretty good ideas. If we get it published whe could (after re embursing the editor for all his time) give the money made to a worthy cause eg. keeping IW up and running.....

------------------

The REAL Minsc/Boo double act .....

Platinum Fighter of ALSB
Old 10-04-2001, 08:57 AM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Ed:
What you could do is to write the story like that, and have people chip in their little "nuggets" of literature, and have one person, like 250 for example, who acts as an editor and shifts through the crap, to produce quite a good novel. I'm sure with the ammount of people that come here we could come up with some pretty good ideas. If we get it published whe could (after re embursing the editor for all his time) give the money made to a worthy cause eg. keeping IW up and running.....

I am no good at editing... other people can do much better

I'd like some more comments on this
Old 10-04-2001, 12:52 PM   #9
Lioness
Jack Burton

Bumping, really nice 250!!!

------------------

Lil' Angel
Sword Saint and Enchantress of the HADB Clan
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Serving Assistant in the Promised Land
Bestest Mate of the Cyan Knight
Lady of Jerome, The Fallen Paladin
Honored Friend of the Warrior SSJ4Sephiroth, and the Arch-Mage Jafin
PeaceKeeping Force, Intelligence Division
Old 10-04-2001, 03:00 PM   #10
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

At the moment, I am trying to fully be involved in the unfolding drama of the ALSB and KFA matters. We are getting quite a good story from it, thus far.
If not for that, I would be all for your script ...

------------------

---------------------