Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2001, 12:41 PM   #21
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
Hmph.

Yourself is the best friend to have IMO.

It will Never disagree with you.

It will Never Insult you (ok somtime it will)

It like all the stuff you like.

S/He will always be there for you.

And if time are desprete you can even talk to it!!

Hehehehe

Really, all those are true, but *sigh* its so much beter to have somone else there.
I disagree!
1) It will disagree with you
2) Oh yes, it WILL insult you
3) Okay, maybe that
4) That can be negative, you know?
5) The danger is that it will talk BACK

I probably have multiple personalities, of course. But having yourself as a friend - remember the danger of having yourself as an enemy!
Seriously, now:
Hmm... who do I like most. I have one best friend who I like really much and get along with really well... unfortunately, she lives in the US and I havent seen her in 2 years
I have another very good friend who lives near me, unfortunately we ALWAYS get into fights - or 'heated discussions' you might say. Difficult to manage a friendship that way.

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Guardian of the Temple of Aerie (specialized in GenCon and BG)
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Old 10-03-2001, 01:07 PM   #22
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Have to say, I'm another one who likes ME best! Personally, I don't see anything wrong with that! Liking yourself a lot doesn't automatically exclude you from liking other people a lot, in fact, it will probably mean you're more able to appreciate them! People who don't like themselves are notorious for having problems communicating.

But next to that - well, I guess my best friend Janey, - she's a soul mate, the person I feel most comfortable with in the whole wide world. She's also wise, warm, and witty - not to mention a good cook! I love her to bits, I does. We communicate most days, by email if not by phone, and it gives me a very good and safe feeling to know she's there. (She also tells me off when I need it! not to make herself feel good and superior, but to give genuine help. That's the mark of a true friend - not carping criticism, but positive feedback.)

------------------

Ecstatic Mistress of

the Most Exotic Form of Illumination Currently Extant
Old 10-03-2001, 01:46 PM   #23
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I haven't really got a favorite person, even though if I had to choose one who wasn't myself, it'd have to be my best friend Martin, we're like brothers, kinda, we like the same computer games, we like the same movies, we're just pretty damn much alike, unfortunately we don't go to the same high school even though we used to be at the same school, so I don't see him much

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.
Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.
Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
General of the highest class and Leader of the Legal Department in the IW Peacekeeping Force.
ORT member, Official Demander of Stuff.
Old 10-03-2001, 04:34 PM   #24
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

hmm, there is actually a good chance that my favorite person will read this thread, and i think that she knows who she is... so i wont bother posting. no need to embarrass us both...

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-03-2001, 04:39 PM   #25
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Have to say, I'm another one who likes ME best! Personally, I don't see anything wrong with that! Liking yourself a lot doesn't automatically exclude you from liking other people a lot, in fact, it will probably mean you're more able to appreciate them! People who don't like themselves are notorious for having problems communicating.

Now I know my problem, as you might see from my above post I HATE myself which leads to an... interesting personality conflict

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Guardian of the Temple of Aerie (specialized in GenCon and BG)
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Old 10-03-2001, 06:44 PM   #26
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Scratch thoose last posts. I love my family.. PERIOD. No more no less..

That "speacial one" don´t seem to be out there any more, I feel like the lost Fox Mulder hunting aliens...

------------------

Be vevvy qwiet..I´m hunting wabbits...
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 10-03-2001, 06:48 PM   #27
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
Now I know my problem, as you might see from my above post I HATE myself which leads to an... interesting personality conflict

Wouldn't say you had any problems communicating Kaz, which screws my theory somewhat...

I never used to like myself at all, and look at me now!! Totally in love. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeee!!!!!!!

------------------

Most Ecstatic Mistress of the Exotic and Illuminated Mango
Old 10-03-2001, 07:02 PM   #28
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Scratch thoose last posts. I love my family.. PERIOD. No more no less..

That "speacial one" don´t seem to be out there any more, I feel like the lost Fox Mulder hunting aliens...

awww...Wolfie...
Did you get shot down??
Dont worry it happens to the best of us...

Old 10-04-2001, 12:30 AM   #29
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

hmm, other than the person i named earlier (im sure some of you know who it is: GR has a nickname for how i feel...) id probably say my favorite person is ME! im arrogant, and im proud of it! i do everything that i want, and i make myself happy. i tell myself a joke when i'm down, and when threatened, i will never turn my back on myself. i am always there for me, and i even help give myself answers on a test! yes, i like myself very much...

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-04-2001, 02:06 AM   #30
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I like.. Well I agree with Bahamut. I like myself the most. I'm an amazingly self-contained and self-centred individual.

Outside of myself and family..
I dont know. I wont say any of my girlfriends so maybe my best friend Daniel..
Of us two, he's the quiet, reserved and realistic one while I'm (most of the time) the angry, vengeful, passionate and loud one..

Or maybe my younger "sister" Cassandra who's probably a female copy of me when I was younger and the sister I never had..

------------------
No-Name Face