Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2001, 05:13 PM   #11
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

I gotta go with BloodWych for the Atari ST. Main reason? Two people playing at one time. Yeah ok so it was a small TV and having the horizontal split didn't make for amazing 3d graphics but hell, it was addictive and super fun when adventuring side by side through long dungeon trawls. Add to that the excitement of Faeries arriving in your sleep, one of the first games to have backstab and of course the excellent N'eggs and well, what a game. I'm probably the only person who bought the damn thing, be interested to know if anyone knows what I'm rambling on about.

------------------
Old 03-29-2001, 09:12 PM   #12
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hardest but still playable,I would have to vote the original Zork.Text only and hard to map(for me at the time anyway)but my favs would have to be the last couple of games in the might and magic series.with special note for heavy metal fakk 2,to short but real cool.

------------------
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightfull place as master of all I survey.
..........O,_
......_.L.=\_:
~~(_)==(_)

[This message has been edited by sageridder (edited 03-29-2001).]
Old 03-29-2001, 10:22 PM   #13
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Erekose:
Out of curiosity, what would you describe as the most difficult (but still playable) computer RPG? For me it was on something from a long time ago (LOL) called "Wizards Crown" on the semi-ancient Commodore 64 The graphics were little better than stick figures but it was a fantastic experience to play.
Erek, there's a poll similar to this in the polls section.

------------------
"Check the sustain on this one ... aaaaaaaa, I mean you could go out for a bite and there'd still be aaaaaaaaa"

"Can I touch it?"
"No. It can't be played"
"Can I look at it?
"No we've seen enough of that one....."

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 04-01-2001, 01:05 PM   #14
PreciousGollum
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Asphyxiate:
I gotta go with BloodWych for the Atari ST. Main reason? Two people playing at one time. Yeah ok so it was a small TV and having the horizontal split didn't make for amazing 3d graphics but hell, it was addictive and super fun when adventuring side by side through long dungeon trawls. Add to that the excitement of Faeries arriving in your sleep, one of the first games to have backstab and of course the excellent N'eggs and well, what a game. I'm probably the only person who bought the damn thing, be interested to know if anyone knows what I'm rambling on about.
Yep,I had Bloodwych on my trusty Amiga and played it for ages.The graphics did make it all to easy to miss a key and get frustrated.The damn thing was hard to map aswell,Dungeon Master was harder for me,but it was a much better game too.

------------------
"It hurts us,it hurts us.It freezes,it bites!"
Old 04-01-2001, 10:46 PM   #15
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Well, you're asking, so I as the moderator of the Wizardry 8 board need of course chime in and say, "Wizardry."

Actually, Wizardry 7: Crusaders of the Dark Savant to be precise.

Top reasons why I liked it:

1) Most bug-free game I've ever played. Hands down. 99 44/100% pure.
2) Customizability of characters. Very easy to change roles mid-stream and come up with good combinations.
3) Rather difficult encounters, but not so that it would render the game unplayable.
4) Variety of quests, and not of the "Fed Ex" variety.
5) Over 300 hours of playing time easily. Huge gaming world.
6) All skills developed in the game were useful, not just cosmetic like I've seen in some games.
7) Interface was intuitive.
8) Spell-casting system was easy to learn.
9) There were a variety of NPC's in the game, each belonging to different factions, and they were mobile (you had to hunt them down). Not only that, but they were in competition with you for the maps to the end artifact, and they would fight amongst each other as well.
10) Rich, detailed, involving storyline with several side plots that supported it as well.

I could go on and on, but you get my drift. With all the games I've ever played, Wiz 7 gets my vote as top of the heap.

-Sazerac