Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker

Old 04-16-2002, 07:58 PM   #1
Thoth
Welcomed New User

Hey, guys. I just came across Dungeon Craft; and being an old fan of Unlimited Adventures, I'm more excited than I can say.

I have always had a great interest in the Dark Sun world, and I would like to make some DS art for DC. But I'm having an information overload reading about this great program. Can someone point me in the direction of examples (and requirements such as size) of how to make maps, backgrounds, etc.? I'd really like to contribute to this community so thanks in advance for any and all help.

Thoth
Old 04-16-2002, 10:51 PM   #2
manikus
Jack Burton

hey thoth! welcome aboard. [img]smile.gif[/img]

have you downloaded dungeon craft? i believe that there are example files for each of the types of the graphics for each of the sizes in the the game. they can be of any color depth (up to 32 bit). there are all kinds of directions that come with the download, but if you just look in the default.dsn directory, you'll see what i'm talking about.

if this isn't helpful, i could probably be more specific, so let me know.

[img]graemlins/mage1.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2002, 12:43 AM   #3
Thoth
Welcomed New User

I downloaded everything when I got home from work. Yep, I've found the examples. Thanks for telling me about the color depth. Maybe I'll get started on some overland maps first.

Thanks again,

Thoth
Old 04-22-2002, 01:02 PM   #4
CocoaSpud
Zhentarim Guard

There is also some info in the help file. It lists all art types, the pixel dimensions needed, and some tips on converting original GoldBox artwork.

On this site, http://members.aol.com/autery/index.html, there are some tools that help extract artwork from FRUA files into pcx format. Maybe they can also extract DarkSun files.