Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-17-2000, 12:50 AM   #1
Larr2

you say that I can have my own thieves' guild, yet the only thief in may party is Yoshimo...I am a ranger...does it matter? Will I get both the ranger house and thieves' guild???(is that a dumb question??)

Old 10-17-2000, 08:55 AM   #2
Larr2

Hi...I am playing a good party with the rep. of 20, and I was wondering about my dealings with the thieves' guild...It seems that I have to choose either the thieves are the vampires, and the thieves say that they can help me find Imoen. Now they want me to run tasks for them. I have accepted all their chores, from both leaders...including Bloodscalp's desire for me to join his rival clan, and spy on them for evidence of their betrayal to the code...Is this something that I should not have accepted, and will hurt my rep??
I have not run any tasks yet, only accepted their offers, (and this has really pissed of the vamps.)

Old 10-17-2000, 09:06 AM   #3
Uncle Lester

Nope, as far as I know and have experienced you don't lose rep points by helping the thieves, and if you finish Bloodscalp's quest and you play as a thief you will have the option to recieve your own thieves guild. Do know that the thieves are not the evil ones in the game but that Bodhi and her vamps are the evil ones, so Shadow thieves are for the good alignment and Bodhi's vamps are for the evil alignment.

Old 10-17-2000, 01:00 PM   #4
Tipsy McSwagger

Nope to both. In other words, nope you won't get both strongholds, you only get the stronghold that corresponds to the class of the player character, in your case a Ranger. And nope it wasn't a dumb question.

Drink up.

-Tipsy

Old 10-17-2000, 01:16 PM   #5
Larr2

thanks tipsy...and watch out for that Jerome wierdo...I may be Chaotic Good, but I am no idiot....

Old 10-17-2000, 01:51 PM   #6
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

FOOLS ALL OF YOU! THE PATH TO TRANCENDENCE IS NOT THEIVERY!

DON'T JOIN THE THEIVES GOOD SUBJECTS, TO DO SO WOULD BRING THE EYES OF JUSTICE APON YOU, AND THAT IS WORSE THAN INVITING DEATH ITSELF.

AS FOR YOU LAR2, I FIND YOUR MANNER UNBECOMMING OF A GOOD CHARACTER AND SHOULD YOU DECIDE TO *CHANGE ALINGMENT* THEN I WOULD BE FORCED TO ERADICATE YOUR FOUL SPIRIT FROM THE MORTAL PLANE SO IT COULD NEVER HARM ANOTHER

SO SAYETH JEROME THE PALADIN
Old 10-17-2000, 02:04 PM   #7
A Mage named Rikard

Join the Shadow's
but where on god''s green forgotten realms can you find zhe ol ranger place zhen?
coz i'm a ranger by main character coz i think that the child of the god of war is a real fighter class
but maybe i'll change where's the mage's (sorcerer's of necro's) stronghold??????????????????
??

Old 10-17-2000, 02:14 PM   #8
Tipsy McSwagger

The Mage's stronghold is the Planar Sphere. You'll have to pick up Valygar (Umar hills I think) in order to get in.

Drink up.

-Tipsy