Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-14-2000, 11:17 PM   #1
themightygeckoe

I placed the disc 1 in the drive and selected install. It gave me an error message saying that setup.exe was corrupt and needed to be reinstalled. I then Ctrl-Alt-Del and stopped all background programs from running and then it seemed to work but then did the quick disk install thing of asking for each disk after a few seconds. Cancelled out and tried the alternate method of copying files to hard drive, would not copy data2.cab file. I even lowered the supplemental cache on the CD-Rom as suggested by interplay. Now it will not allow me to do anything, I keep getting corrupt setup.exe error messages even though I close all of the running programs. Any suggestions?

Old 10-16-2000, 11:02 PM   #2
Larry

This is only my opinion, and maybe not the right choice, but you could (if you have not already), call the number in California, and talk to a tech, or Take it back to the store you bought it from and tell them that it would not install correctly, and that you followed the advice from the techs and it still does not work, and would they please replace it for another set of CDs (I had to do that myself, twice).