Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 09-02-2002, 05:26 PM   #1
Zed the undead4321
Dungeon Master

is the bg team mod any good. i heard it was but i wanted to be sure
Zed the undead4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 05:38 PM   #2
Vedran
Lord Soth

BG team mod? Do you mean, Darkest Day (or am I missing something)? It is much shallower (?) than I had expected. There are many things done wrong (Errtu thing) or just stupid (many dialogs, especially new NPCs). But, if 250MB or so is not a problem, go for it!
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 05:39 PM   #3
andrewas
Harper

I think you mean the teambg mods (www.teambg.com) And there a mixed bag. SOme people love them, some people hate them, nobody quite agrees on which are good and which suck. Try them and see. Most of the NPC addon mods are quite good (Kelsey & Soulafein in particular seem popular).

Ascension is the one I swear by (it adds cool features to the Throne of Bhaal ending and so is useless without Throne of Bhaal)

The Darkest Day is one that people cant agree on, but I think general opinion is that its good but with too many bugs. Im going to run this one on my next run through.

There are others, but you can find details on the site. If its up, which its frequently not.
Old 09-02-2002, 05:44 PM   #4
Vedran
Lord Soth

Ascencion spoiler:
¤
¤
¤
¤
¤
¤
¤
¤
¤
¤
¤
¤
¤
Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
Ascension is the one I swear by (it adds cool features to the Throne of Bhaal ending and so is useless without Throne of Bhaal)
Interesting. I thought fighting Irenicus fourth time (Time stop, Improved alacrity, Meteors, Fingers of Death, Fireballs, Disintegrations, etc, etc, etc.... in the row) is not cool...

[ 09-02-2002, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: Vedran ]
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 11:21 PM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Spoiler
~
~
~
~
Jon Irenicus is supposed to be an almighty wizard who can cast spells like nobody's business. Ascension gives him back the power that is rightfully his in the first place. Were you not disappointed by how weak he was after watching all those scene clips?
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote