Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2004, 10:54 AM   #11
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I know exactly how you feel Chewy. If you haven't yet, read my dedication page for my Previous Siamese cat, Charly. He lived till he was 16-17.

http://www.tgeweb.com/dedication.htm

I couldn't put him to sleep. I just could not do that. I held him and was with him until his last breath. That was the worst moment in my LIFE. A part of me died that night. And now, I get really worried because someday Choc will die, and seriously, I cannot even think about that.. I will lose it.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 08-17-2004, 11:02 AM   #12
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I don`t know how you feel but be strong. You did the right thing. Z, that is/will be very sad. I really love [img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img] .
Old 08-17-2004, 11:44 AM   #13
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

What an awesome story of your cats, Z. I'm glad I took the time to read about your experiences.

Chewie, I've had exactly the same thing happen to me. I had a huge, beautiful ginger cat, spoilt and overfed, named Garfield (after the cartoon character). He developed an incurable illness when he was only 9 (I'd had him since his birth), and he slowly slipped away over the upcoming days and weeks. We chose to hold on to him and spoil him for as long as possible. Then one day, about two weeks later, I woke up, came downstairs, and saw right away that he was in a lot of pain. I knew it had to be today. I took him to the vet in his basket, and had him put down right then. I think that's the best thing for you to do as well. Just give her as much love and attention as you can, and once you notice that she's uncomfortable and beginning to suffer, do what you know you have to. She will let you know when that time is - cats have a way of communicating with you like that. Enjoy your remaining time together and try to steel yourself for what's around the corner. Good luck, I wish you all the best in dealing with it.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:52 PM   #14
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

That is hard. I recently lost my beloved dog, 14 year old German Shepherd, but I couldn't have her put down. I stayed at her side in her last agony, but finally had to sleep, and she died just after I left, Galadria says.
Old 08-17-2004, 02:07 PM   #15
dplax
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
A very moving story. I now know where the Charly in the comic you posted once is from. BTW I didn't even know that Choc was blind.

[ 08-17-2004, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Old 08-17-2004, 02:13 PM   #16
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

wow. the memories.

5 years ago i had a kitty named t.c. (topcat.) i had him for 17 years. from the time i was 2. 6 months before he passed he was diagnosed with diabetes. we learned to give him shots. then we had some teeth removed. he was missing fur on his belly so we tried a steroid spray, but that messed up his insulin. so they biopsied the skin. went in to the vets again to iv fluids, and monitoring. they asked for a quick answer from the dermatologist. pancreatic cancer.

this whole time he was losing fur, his eyes were sinking into his head, his claws just fell apart. he could barely walk abecause of the pain in his paws. for a while i had to help him onto my bed. the night before we found out about the cancer i took a bath. he went down the hall and meowed at my daughters door, then went and waited for me on my bed. he climbed on my bed by himself just to say goodbye.

twila will tell you when. enjoy what time you have left.
Old 08-17-2004, 02:37 PM   #17
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by dplax:
quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
A very moving story. I now know where the Charly in the comic you posted once is from. BTW I didn't even know that Choc was blind. [/QUOTE]Me neither. I was so shocked when I read it. Poor [img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img] .
Old 08-17-2004, 02:55 PM   #18
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Wow, sorry to hear that, Chewie. I hope the little girl can pull through. If not, I hope you manage to handle it well. Consider getting a new cat like Z did. It looks like he's happy now [img]smile.gif[/img]

I couldn't imagine losing my two cats - they just seem like they'll be there forever, don't they?

Hey, mabe you could post some pictures of her!
Old 08-17-2004, 03:05 PM   #19
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

I'm sorry to hear this. As a fellow cat owner, it's always horrible when something happens to our feline friends.
But she's had a happy life, you've done the best for her, and I'm sure whatever decision you make will be the right one.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Old 08-17-2004, 04:25 PM   #20
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sorry to hear that Chewie.
Nature can kick our ass sometimes. Be strong.