Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-20-2000, 11:48 PM   #1
Morninglord

Well, I am one of those persons who rather keep than throw away stuff, in life aswell as in computer games, and naturally this puts me in a lot of trouble in BG2 where I more often than not have to leave useful stuff behind.
Now, I am carrying around some stuff that I don't know if it will be useful in a quest or not, but because it _may_ be connected to a quest, I don't want to throw it away. Nor do I wish to stuck it into my chest at Lathanders temple (I am a cleric - Priest of Lathander kit) because _if_ those items are related to a quest, the character giving such a quest will react as if I don't have the stuff since it is in my chest. Well, I probably don't make any sense, but whatever, nevermind my incoherent ramblings =) What I really want an answer to is this: I have a few items and I wonder if they are related to a quest, and if so, where the dilleo can I find that quest since I've been carrying around this stuff forever. They are "Festule the alchemists potion", some Dog bones I found in the De'Arnise stronghold, and 2 empty potion bottles that I can't remember where I found (they don't look like ordinary potion bottles). Also, I suppose that if I carry around a Wyvern's head, a demonic heart from the planar sphere quest, that it is just either to sell or throw away that stuff? =)

Thanks in advance.

/Morninglord of Sweden

Old 11-20-2000, 11:53 PM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Dog bones you don't need. I never heard of a Festule's Potion, what does it do. I never found a wyvern's head either. And you can safely assume you won't need the empty potion bottles. And if you've used one demon heart you don't need the rest.
Old 11-20-2000, 11:58 PM   #3
Morninglord

The potion was found somewhere during the unseen eye quest, I think, and it says something about that it incapacitates an ogre, and that noone else should drink it lest they vomit. It clearly looks like a quest item. Alright, then I'll throw away the dog bones and the demonic heart. The wyvern head was found on a wyvern I killed that an enemy wizard summoned (In BG1 you could sell them, I recall), and the empty potion bottles looks like quest items aswell...

Thanks a lot for the help anyway =)

/Morninglord of Sweden

Old 11-21-2000, 12:03 AM   #4
Morninglord

Oh, and perhaps you could help me with one more small thing..
During the quest with the "Shade Lord" from the Umar hills, I found a piece of paper named "Tombrelthrens journal, 2:nd half" and it speaks about a location somewhere where this guy apparently hid his stuff before he died. However, I have been unable to locate this place so far. Do you know anything about it?

/Morninglord of Sweden

Old 11-21-2000, 12:04 AM   #5
Armisael

I've never seen or needed that alchemist potion, so I'd say you don't need it. The empty bottles you get off some goons in the Guarded Compound where you get the Celestial Fury +3. You don't use them, either. If you can't sell the Wyvern's head, ditch it, and demonic hearts only have a use on the Planar Sphere quest. If you've already finished it and still have heart(s) remaining, drop them, they're useless and don't sell for anything.

Old 11-21-2000, 12:23 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I actually did try and look for this alleged treasure, but after 15 minutes of walking around the Temple Ruins trying to shade my cursor around the screen to find it i got sick of it and gave up.
Old 11-21-2000, 12:31 AM   #7
Morninglord

Lol, EXACTLY the same thing I did

Old 11-21-2000, 01:22 AM   #8
spludge

I think u can only use the 2nd half of the journal if u r a ranger theteasure is in a rock just right of the bottom of the map.

Old 11-21-2000, 01:37 AM   #9
spludge

the Treasure i mean stupid keyboard

Old 11-21-2000, 07:56 PM   #10
Gandalf the Great

Here you go.

The potion can be used as a cheat for the battle fight with Mazzy and an Orge in the Copper Cornet - Trash it
The head just sell - can't be converted by cromwell in to anything
Demon heart - trash (I have been holding on to it too)

Great playing