Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2004, 08:11 PM   #1
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

If you could add something - not just something small, what would you add??

I've played a lot of CRPGs over the years and W&W is one of my most favorite. I like the perspective, the variety, the flexibility of character development, the replayability, the fact that it isn't HUGE. It's a wondeful game!!
I would have liked to have seen it in its completed form - as originally planned but I wonder if I would have liked it quite as much.

What would I add?? hmmm
I'm not sure. I know some would like to add the ability to sleep in an inn at night. I've never liked that option/need in any game but that's just my style of playing. I like to press on and not be limited by day and night.

Having more teleports available could come in handy but those of us who have played this game many times have found ways to make the limitations work quite nicely.

I guess if I were to add something it would be that other weapons were actually worth learning/having. Not a huge deal, I've always preferred swords but I think that would have been a plus for the game

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 10:37 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm.... I seem to recall rumors that Wyvern was really DW Bradley. They were put to bed, but she certainly seems to be doing a lot of game preference research lately, doesn't she?

What else would I like in the game... the ability to mix potions, like in MM6-8. I think that would be helpful.

No... I know! A game editor -- the ability to expand on the world with new modules, quests, and so on. That would be fantastic!

Plus, you could finally give ol' Say-Basta his due...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 06:23 AM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

An editor, yes. That would be good. Or just the opportunity to walk around in towns like in the wilderness.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:50 AM   #4
Radek
Red Dragon

1. First of all, all things that were abandoned in the hasty release of the game The game need cleansing of heaps of seemingly active objects (orbs, urns, and so on) which do nothing. It also needs improved implementation of (quest) NPCs and quest items: they should not be present in the game without the corresponding quests and they should vanish or change their behaviour after completing (failing) the quest. Also, scrollbars in the Skill and Trait windows [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Or, on-line explanation of spell effects and their dependence on your skills, level, and abilities. Or - well, I could continue forever [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

2. Some features that are missing awfully in the game, like possibility to rest or some legitimate adventurers base. Currently, your base consists of mules in the inn. Well, but it's an improvisation, not a regular feature. Another "hole" is light. Note that only a mage with the Sun Magic can provide light to the party. The only alternative is, IIRC, a single "lantern", which you can buy in Ishad N'Ha and (perhaps) in Brimloch Roon. The lantern is gone after a while and - no more light. But why your party must always contain a mage with a Sun Magic? The shops should sell torches and similar items.

3. Better item maker and more "top level" items. For example weapons: only daggers are good weapons in the game! Good, there is the Sword of Argus but that's all. The game should contain top level items for other kinds of weapons, too.
On the other hand, accessibility of top level items and top level custom enchantments should not be so simple. For example, equipping a particular item can require minimal values of certain abilities, skills, and character level. These "qualifications" will prevent the player character from equipping the item too early in the game and also maintain the game balance: if you enchant the item too high then you can end with an item which you'll never be able to use because you'll never be able to satisfy the qualifications.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:06 AM   #5
jsalsb
Elminster

I always wanted more intelligent interaction with the shopkeepers. It never made sense to me that regardless of how your PCs evolved and advanced, the shopkeepers were always immune to your intervention. (e.g., you are the Chosen One, have the Maven, have become a zenmaster, etc. etc... yet the lowliest shopkeeper is still your superior.)

I like the shopkeeping setup in Wizardry 8 where you can fully interact, befriend, annoy or even kill shopkeepers. And if you do the latter, then you are SOOL 'cause then the shop dries up! One of the very few things I liked better about Wiz8.

Funny, now that I think of it (a bit off topic...) now that both W&W and Wiz8 are a couple years behind me, it's amazing how many more memories I have of W&W than Wiz8!
Old 08-18-2004, 08:40 PM   #6
So So
Zhentarim Guard

I would have liked a cape for my characters... and everything should be enchantable... except for the important quest items of course...

And oh yea... weather should have a negative effect and there should be more weather... like snow... and seasons... like spring, fall, winter, summer... not really a big deal... but how cool would that be?... and you might as well add in a calendar system... ok I might be getting a lil carried away now...

And stolen from a Zelda game... steal from shops...
Old 08-19-2004, 11:36 AM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

1. Interaction between characters, your characters have their own voices of comfirmation ( like IWD ) or when casting of spells ( like IWD2 ) or when entering a new area ( just like wiz8 ). This will make the game more " alive " as the character can " talk " to you.

2. Romance, heck what is life without romance? I belive this game should have romances as well. There should be a male/female npc that your character can initiate romance and after beating the game you character can retire, get married and have children. isn't that nice?

3. Randomly Generated World like in Daggerfall. Thus everytime you exit the town the outdoor places will be new and worth exploring. There should be random generated dungeon like in Diablo. so every places will be like new places every time.

4. A " Fly " spell just like the one is Might and Magic 6. The world of Gael Seran would be beautiful if you can view if from above.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 12:13 PM   #8
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well I would like to be able to click through dialgue quickly. There are only so many bathroom breaks one can take as I listen to a shop keeper or NPC ramble on and on using the same words as the last time I entered is store. Yawn!!!! Or if I don't save after talking to an NPC who has something important to say and I have to listen to it all over again.

[ 08-19-2004, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 01:27 PM   #9
bsftcs
Red Dragon

A Gael Serran annual sports tournament. That is what the game needs.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:03 AM   #10
jsalsb
Elminster

Oh yeah! Good one, bsftcs!