Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-12-2001, 12:07 AM   #1
Eledhel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello everyone! I read in an earlier post that there is a bug concerning Anomen starting his quest by talking with his father. Well, guess what? Apparently I've got it! I've applied the patch w/o luck, he still tells me to get out of his house. I've already made the bonehead move of releasing Keldorn from service so I wanted to advance Anomen. Am I out of luck?
Old 07-12-2001, 01:46 AM   #2
Darviathar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What plot line choices did you make with Anomen? His father will tell you to "get out of the house" if you choose not to take vengeance for the murders. You haven't "failed" the quest if that is the case!

As for Keldorn, I released him from service the second time through the game, figuring that retirement for my favorite NPC was a good way to prevent me from using him again (instead of other npc's), but just happened to look back in the home later on and found him standing around just waiting to rejoin.
Old 07-12-2001, 06:36 PM   #3
Eledhel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I haven't had an opportunity to make any plot choices, he mentioned that he would like to be a knight and I believe that I answered "correctly" then someone showed up to say his sister was murdered. I go with him to find out what happened and... zilch! His father won't say anything but "Who are you? Get out of my house!"
Old 07-12-2001, 06:46 PM   #4
Mellagar

Possible spoilers...

Well you didn't do anything wrong. You told Anomen not to avenge his sisters death but if you haven't already, go and see Lady Ianulain..or whatever her name is, in the Council of Six building across the street. After that Anomen will speak with her and if you continue to remind him not to avenge his sisters death that the end of it, job well done. I'm not sure but if you DO decide to go and kill Saerk, that will prevent Anomen from becoming a knight. I may be wrong of course.
Old 07-12-2001, 06:47 PM   #5
Mellagar

Possible spoilers...

Well you didn't do anything wrong. You told Anomen not to avenge his sisters death but if you haven't already, go and see Lady Ianulain..or whatever her name is, in the Council of Six building across the street. After that Anomen will speak with her and if you continue to remind him not to avenge his sisters death that the end of it, job well done. I'm not sure but if you DO decide to go and kill Saerk, that will prevent Anomen from becoming a knight. I may be wrong of course.
Old 07-12-2001, 06:49 PM   #6
Mellagar

Sorry about the double post....my browser is a piece of junk.

Old 07-12-2001, 07:09 PM   #7
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

I got told to "get out" too. I still finished the quest (good path) without problems.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 07-12-2001, 07:36 PM   #8
Eledhel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I haven't told Anomen not to avenge his sister because I thought we needed the details from his father? That's what the messenger said, "you must return home your sister has been murdered." Can I find out the details and continue the quest without a dialog with his father?
Old 07-13-2001, 10:39 PM   #9
Eledhel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Okay, now nomen has told me something about wasting time while his sister rots in the ground? I've returned to his home several times and also reinstalled the patch but still no results. Is there any way to complete this quest without speaking to his father or am I going to lose Anomen? Will installing ToB fix this???