Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2001, 11:48 AM   #1
Gil-Galad
The Magister

OK...here we go...

I am thinking of starting an evil aligned party (Anomen, Korgan, Viconia, Edwyn, Haer d'Alis and myself, Thief dualled to mage). So being EVIL doing Anomens quest I will naturally...

SPOILER
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
...convince him to kill the sad bastards who, obviously, killed his sister.

Question 1: Will he still be considered for knighthood, then?

Question 2: If he will not, will I, being evil, get less XP for choosing the "good" solution to his problem in order to get him knighted?

2A: Do you get more/fewer XP when you choose/don't choose the solutions to adventures which would be appropriate to your alignment?

Thanks folks........Hey, hey, hey....let's be careful out there.....
Old 06-18-2001, 12:28 PM   #2
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

Spoilers
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
1. Nope. In fact, he will become unstable and attack other members of your party (especially Aerie).

2. You get no exp. from his knighthood quest if he fails, and he does fail when you tell him to avenge his sister's murder.

2A. The game is prejudiced towards good parties. Evil parties generally get screwed on both monetary and experience rewards when following the evil path. It ain't easy being evil, but it is more fullfilling (especially after playing through the game as a goody-goody party).

------------------

"This place will be your tomb."
Old 06-18-2001, 02:34 PM   #3
Volourn
Manshoon

You get a lot of things for evil parties. Quite a few things are made just for the evils. Beware for spoilers below....................

........... the Silver Dragon (no good party would kill her), pantaloons, some evil equipment, you can steal to your heart's contents, and many otherthings too.
........... I find it VERY fullfilling to play "goody" parties. Rescuing people, battling evil creatures, and doing good deeds is great!

The game is fun no matter how you play it. Enjoy!

End of Speech: hehehe!!!

------------------
"That didn't hurt!" - Volourn Honourblade after the red dragon breathed on him for 75% of his hp.