Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-12-2000, 01:37 PM   #1
Terra

I was wondering, because I know you can import the character, but when I did, he started with none of his items.

Old 10-12-2000, 01:59 PM   #2
Tipsy McSwagger

I don't think so. You start off with nothing. You can always export your character from BG2, use a BG2 character editor to give you back your BG1 stuff and then reimport them back into BG2. You'd have to do this after you had started the game though so as to not have the same problem.

Drink up.

-Tipsy

Old 10-12-2000, 02:02 PM   #3
Terra

Thanks for the input Tipsy!
Anyone know where to find the character editor? I checked Teambg.com but didn't see one under their downloads section.(BTW, Tipsy is a really cool name for a drunken thief)

Old 10-12-2000, 02:06 PM   #4
Tipsy McSwagger

Such kind words. I blush. This page http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/bald...heats.shtmlhas a link to the teambg editor but not having downloaded it I don't know how well it works.

Glad to be of assistance.

Drink up.

-Tipsy

Old 10-12-2000, 03:45 PM   #5
dragonslayer
Manshoon

If you want to keep all your items without using an Editor all you have to do is to start off a new MP-Game. Then you import your character after you've started the game and voila, he keeps all his stuff. My mage even has 7 Magic Missiles and 6 Chromatic orbs thanks to the two rings of wizardry from BG1.
Old 10-12-2000, 10:40 PM   #6
password

Yea i like tipsy, he is skilled in rping. Anyways, doesnt mp take longer load times even with one char?

Old 10-13-2000, 05:05 AM   #7
dragonslayer
Manshoon

Just move the Saved Game from the MPsave folder to the normal Save folder using Windows explorer and you've got your Normal saved game.
Old 10-13-2000, 09:41 AM   #8
Terra

Thanks for the info all! I'll try that when I get back home from school.