Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2004, 04:51 AM   #1
Hicksy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've just finished anephases shrine and have gone back to brinloch roon to indentify and sell everyting that i felt necessary. After doing so and saving on the enchanted sea side of the port the game freezes every time you try to leave and do the next part.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:59 AM   #2
Taski
The Magister

Got this temporarily, but not especially in Brinloch / Seaside...maybe corrupt save game, replay from the last-but-one saved game.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:24 AM   #3
Radek
Red Dragon

Most likely, it's a corrupted saved game file. I experienced the problem once in Ishad N'ha.

I saved the game before entering the town. Then I entered the town. After leaving the town, the game froze in a few seconds. Reloading did not help, the game froze as well, no matter whether I entered the town or not. I wasn't able to teleport away (game crashed). Reinstalling the game and trying to continue from the saved game file didn't help, too. The end.

Oh, well. It seems to be a bug in the game, which reveals itself very rarely but which can put an end on your whole effort in the game. Try another saved game file but keep the saved game if you'll be able to continue the game from it. Keep in mind that you might be forced to reinstall so that you should be able to keep some obviously functional game file. Or you will start from scratch.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:54 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Man... that sucketh Are you playing patched? If not, then try applying the patch. That may help.

If you want, you can also zip up your savegame and roster.dat files and email them to me. Seems to me Greyem ran into something similar in Brimloch Roon, and I was able to load his game on my machine, enter and exit the town, and save it again. That let him complete it, IIRC.

My email is in my profile, or PM me if you need it.

*edit* spelling...

[ 09-08-2004, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote