Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2003, 10:02 AM   #1
MagiK

Arrow

I was kind of shocked at this. I remember the incident fairly well and assumed that this guy was just a nut case...now we are finding out he was right. What do you all think?

Story from www.WND.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jailed author of Flight 800 book vindicated
Justice Department concedes wrongdoing in case against Sanders

Posted: March 13, 2003
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2003 WorldNetDaily.com

A police officer-turned-investigative reporter who was arrested and jailed because his investigation into the mysterious crash of TWA Flight 800 exposed flaws in the government's official probe – and who co-authored an explosive new book on the subject – has found vindication after his five-year legal nightmare.

Journalist James Sanders is the author, along with Jack Cashill, of "TWA Flight 800 and the Attack on America," published by WND Books.

In December 1997, Sanders and his wife, Elizabeth, a TWA flight attendant and trainer who knew Flight 800's pilots and had trained many of its flight attendants, were arrested for conspiracy to steal government property after receiving material from a whistleblower within the Flight 800 investigation.

Although Sanders and Cashill have always maintained the charges were trumped up by the government so as to chill and discredit Sanders' investigation into what really happened to Flight 800, it has taken years for official vindication to come.

In an exclusive analysis of the case in today's WorldNetDaily, co-author Cashill traces Sanders' legal battle back to March 10, 1997, eight months after the July 1996 destruction of the TWA jumbo jet that took 230 lives. California's Riverside Press-Enterprise newspaper published a story titled "New Data Show Missile May Have Nailed TWA 800," which cited Sanders as an "investigative reporter" and described his private investigation into the FBI and NTSB Flight 800 investigation over the preceding five months.

The problem, explains Cashill, an Emmy-Award-winning writer and producer, is that Sanders' investigation "created a significant problem for the Justice Department. The article’s text confirmed that Sanders was on the trail of potential criminal activity within the Flight 800 investigation."

Explaining how the Clinton Justice Department went into gear and "used its considerable powers to thwart Sanders" by denying his standing as a journalist, Cashill notes that under President Bush, the Justice Department now admits its predecessors "conspired to print factually false information in a Justice Department letter to deprive [James Sanders] of his civil rights …" The current Justice Department also now concedes it "fabricated a defense where none existed" in earlier opposing the Sanderses’ civil action, writes Cashill. "It also concedes there is no defense for the 32-counts of federal lawlessness committed in pursuit of destroying a journalist and his wife."

Cashill, who has created documentaries for regional PBS and national cable channels, and who hosted daily talk radio shows for five years, sums up the importance of the Sanders case:

"In so conceding" its previous railroading of Sanders, "the Justice Department tacitly acknowledges that yes, the TWA Flight 800 investigation has been corrupted, and no, we are not prepared to contest this fact." Cashill calls the case "among the most egregious violations of a reporter’s constitutional rights in the history of American journalism."

In their groundbreaking expose "First Strike," Sanders and Cashill uncover substantial new information – including a terrorist connection – about the fate of TWA Flight 800.

Sept. 11, 2001, they claim, did not represent the first aerial assault against the American mainland. The first came July 17, 1996, with the downing of TWA Flight 800. Their book looks in detail at what people saw and heard on that fateful night.

The book also shows the relationship between events in July 1996 and Sept. 2001, and proclaims how and why the American government attempted to cover up the truth

***SNIP cut out inflamatory irrelevent comment SNIP***

[ 03-13-2003, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 03-13-2003, 10:10 AM   #2
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Wow, scary stuff. I'll have to look into this. Janet Reno, IMHO, was a much greater threat than John Ashcroft ever thought about being. Darn it, I wish she had run against Jeb Bush in FL.
Old 03-13-2003, 10:18 AM   #3
MagiK

Arrow

I am even more worried because it didn't get any real main stream media coverage...sort of indicating there was a massive collusion.

Old 03-13-2003, 10:37 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

And people say the Bush administration is dangerous to our civil rights
Pretty damning article and I make no attempt to dispute it, but I will point out a mathematical concept by way of clarification for our readers.

An argument of injustice of a previous administration is not proof nor is it disproof of the assertion that I have quoted from my good friend MagiK.

The article states that injustices were done by a previous administration - fullstop. It is not implicit that the world of civil rights is wonderful under Bush - it may be - it may not be - personally I have no idea. Neither the inference nor the conclusion can be drawn from that article.

Thank you - have a nice day [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 03-13-2003, 10:44 AM   #5
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Pretty damning article and I make no attempt to dispute it, but I will point out a mathematical concept by way of clarification for our readers.

An argument of injustice of a previous administration is not proof nor is it disproof of the assertion that I have quoted from my good friend MagiK.

The article states that injustices were done by a previous administration - fullstop. It is not implicit that the world of civil rights is wonderful under Bush - it may be - it may not be - personally I have no idea. Neither the inference nor the conclusion can be drawn from that article.

Thank you - have a nice day [img]smile.gif[/img] .
You would be dead on if you didn't foget the minor detail...the mainstream press is not making any attempt to cover for this administration as it apparently was for the last....I am wondering how many other similar stories were covered up? I don't think this administration can fart without it making the headlines.

[ 03-13-2003, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 03-13-2003, 11:00 AM   #6
Thoran
Galvatron

Perhaps this is the new centuries version of checks and balances. Since the media is so dangerously liberal, the citizens have put the Republicans in majority position in government, thereby insuring that we will be immediately appraised of any wrongdoing. [img]smile.gif[/img] With the Dems in control in Washington and the Media we've got a "Fox guarding the Henhouse" scenario.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:01 AM   #7
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
You would be dead on if you didn't foget the minor detail... the mainstream press is not making any attempt to cover for this administration......
That's the problem with cover-ups - they are cover-ups. What conclusive evidence can anyone possibly produce to support the text that I have highlighted. It is history that determines if cover-ups happen (as per your original article).

I would guess what you were probably trying to say is that "I Ray, firmly believe that the press is not making any attempt to cover for this administration". If I am guilty of putting words in your mouth then I am sure you will correct me in extremely short time .
Old 03-13-2003, 11:06 AM   #8
Masklinn

MagiK, I think you're clever enough to know that there are stories like that under any administration. You will always discover them, damn coincidence, when the power is in the other Side's hands. Sometimes you will even never hear about them.

Quote:
the mainstream press is not making any attempt to cover for this administration as it apparently was for the last
Maybe they are and you don't know about it...well...let me think...yeah, that's the main goal of it anyway [img]smile.gif[/img]

(Dav was faster on this one )

[ 03-13-2003, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: Masklinn ]
Old 03-13-2003, 11:07 AM   #9
MagiK

You have it right Thoran, despite what my friend Davros is trying to imply (if anything) I was not stating mere opinion, but a demonstrable fact. There may be other views of the evidence but I haven't seen any credible evidence to back those views.

Old 03-13-2003, 11:09 AM   #10
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

ugh... if it isnt something with Bush's pollicies it's Clinton's...

That's it... I'm Votin' for Nader... who'se with me? Worst he can do is legalize hemp...