Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2001, 07:56 AM   #1
Jezzrian
Dungeon Master

Heya, I'm new around here but I hear that the fount of all knowledge, AKA Wyvern has 'the bomb of all gold cheats' for the unpatched game.

As it is I keep running out of money, and haven't installed the patch because I like the sound of the permenant toughen spell . I was wondering if you would mind telling a poor confused poverty stricken Barabrian how to raise a lot of money quickly.

Also, I was wondering, does the cheat for unlimited use of the Geanie Lamp (I can't remember the correct name) work in the unpached game?

Thanx

Jezz
Jezzrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2001, 03:35 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Okay - the infamous gold cheat

Pool all your gold to your last character and go outside the town walls and save your game. Re-enter the town and go directly to the inn. Pool all the gold to the 1st character. Remove the last character from your party and then add them again. Re pool all the gold to your first character (the game will continue to think that last character HAS gold). Now if you really want to work this. When you make a nice little amount by all this pooling - pool all the gold to the last character again - go outside the gates, save, come back in and start over again. You can have so much gold in such a little bit of time it is not to be believed! (unless you have a modest understanding of math (chuckle))

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2001, 03:38 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Forgot about the lamp - to tell the truth I don't know if you can get unlimited wishes off of it in the unpatched version (which is how I run the game) - I've never tried. Basically I believe the technique is to make your wishes and either keep passing it around during the wish process from character to character or to drop it while the wish is in the offing.
Save your game and experiment!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2001, 04:06 PM   #4
Lord Roberts

Hey, Jezzrian

I don't know if the lamp works without the patch, but it works with it.

I have used the lamp, unlimited times. What I've done is traveled back to Valeia, saved my game. I went into town created new characters, I then removed all but two, added four new characters, I then left town and used the lamp unlimited times, dropping the lamp as soon as the he appeared.
After I got my two people up to where I wanted them, I went in to town again and did the same thing to all my characters it worked with no problems and I still have the lamp. BUT NOTE: IF YOU REALLY WANT TO GET THE FEEL OF THE GAME PLAY IT FIRST, ITS STILL A RUSH WITH OUT THE CHEATS. Gold is a must in this game!!

Hope this helps Rob
Old 02-03-2001, 05:58 PM   #5
Lost_Dude

Just keep Buying Willow Arrows+1 instead of that and selling them back to Him. You can buy them in the warriors guild. ( He pays more then you paid)
Old 02-04-2001, 10:00 AM   #6
Jezzrian
Dungeon Master

Thanx Everyone.

Dont worry Lord R, I'm planning to play _without_ the cheats first. I was just wondering about the lamp.

Jezz
Jezzrian is offline   Reply With Quote