Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2004, 06:26 PM   #41
Encard
Quintesson

Well... I wouldn't be quite so adamant about it as some here. Cheating PKers are rather lame, true. On the other hand, non-cheating PvP combat can be some of the most fun stuff in an online game, since your opponent's probably a bit smarter than a AI/scripts running other enemies. Back when I still played MUDs a lot, for example, that was one of the best parts of it... Admittedly, I played on PK-friendly MUDs, so nearly everyone participated voluntarily. I suppose it'd be different if you were actually trying to go through something with engaging surroundings.

Speaking of which... How does the PK system on NWN actually work? It's been a little while since I've played it.
Old 01-26-2004, 07:41 PM   #42
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I don't go on multiplayer sessions unless it's with people I know, and I haven't done it for two years. It was a game called StarSiege, one of the best classic games I've played on Pc yet (next to BgII of course) and I met some great people on there. Too bad though, I lost the disc and they don't sell it much on the shelves anymore.

Anyway, I ran into quite a few of the Pkers online. On the vehicles, most of them would equip nothing but missle weapons, which were the scum of that game, called "boaters." They took credit for all the kills and 9 times out of 10 just blew you the hell away. Another type that weren't boaters, were just people to screw with you and automatically attack you when you spawn onto the field. I played with quite a bit of them, but they learned their lesson with a lot of us raided their servers and shot them down everytime.

Hmm great game, but it doesn't matter where you go, people will go out of their way to screw with you. Just be sure to steer clear or just pound them on the servers [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2004, 03:21 PM   #43
uss
20th Level Warrior

Well, I think PK-ing is pretty cool. I mean PK-ing without cheating, of course.

Like in Diablo II:LoD, a very well built 9-th lvl Assassin can kill most up to lvl 30 characters. There are even guides for it.

Most games have enough protection against PK-ers anyway, and meeting one - not a cheated one - gives all the more excitement to the game.

Yes, mostly the point of it is to cause damage to another person's character, which in turn might make the person sad, but.. I don't know, in the right situation, it can be very fun, and sometimes for both of the contestants. Let's also keep in mind that for evil characters, it can be sort of a way to roleplay.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:22 PM   #44
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

uss has a point. I am a PKer, but i don't cheat. I go where other Pker's go, and i duel, but i never do it to others. Never knew a lvl 9 assassin could take down a lvl 27 necro........* turns his necro around and run for his life*