Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-19-2003, 10:44 AM   #1
Donut
Jack Burton

Don't bring 12 year olds to your bed!!!! Time to lock him up - if only for his own safety and sanity!

[ 11-19-2003, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: Donut ]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 11-19-2003, 11:35 AM   #2
wellard
Dracolisk

As the monopoly game says. Go to jail, directly to jail and do not pass go. He is a sick pervert and children need protection from him.

[img]graemlins/bart.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 11-19-2003, 11:42 AM   #3
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Since his debacle 9 years ago, "wacko jacko" has had 24-hour supervision just to avoid this sort of allegation. I have an aunt who loves kids and has 3. She babysits kids and will sit down and play with them. I'm sure that these kids try to crawl in her bed because, well, that's what kids do. But, she's not rich and famous and weird, so her house never gets searched, you see.

Wellard, I admonish you for declaring guild knowing absolutely nothing about the facts of the case. It's unlike you.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:54 AM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
3 year olds can crawl into your bed alright, but 12 year olds ? Come on now, kids that age should know better than to crawl into someone elses bed, especially when that someone else is Michael jackson. It's not like this is the first time we hear about things like this.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:59 AM   #5
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Since his debacle 9 years ago, "wacko jacko" has had 24-hour supervision just to avoid this sort of allegation. I have an aunt who loves kids and has 3. She babysits kids and will sit down and play with them. I'm sure that these kids try to crawl in her bed because, well, that's what kids do. But, she's not rich and famous and weird, so her house never gets searched, you see.

Wellard, I admonish you for declaring guild knowing absolutely nothing about the facts of the case. It's unlike you.
Point taken Timber. The fact that an arrest warrant has been issued did make me jump to a conclusion. I will refrain from judging him on this case till i learn more. But i find it a disgrace that the previous charges (1993?) where not folowed through. Agreements between lawyers should not stand in the way of justice for minors.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 11-19-2003, 12:03 PM   #6
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

It's more aobut the sick way he talks about kids and how he loves them to no end and how he incessently goes on about how they need love. It's all too mushy to be sane.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:09 PM   #7
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
But i find it a disgrace that the previous charges (1993?) where not folowed through. Agreements between lawyers should not stand in the way of justice for minors.
There were no charges filed in 1993. Despite the lawsuit, the police never felt there was enough evidence to even file charges or make an arrest. In fact, were it anyone but wacko jacko, we'd all be calling it a money-grubbing lawsuit targeting the wealthy.

Complaint from 1993.

www.thesmokinggun.com
NOVEMBER 18--With sheriff's investigators today executing a search warrant at Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch--reportedly in connection with charges made by a 12-year-old boy--attention will again turn to the original allegations of child abuse leveled against the pop star. Below you'll find the bombshell court document that first raised allegations that the singer, now 45, was involved in inappropriate behavior with a young boy. The December 1993 declaration was sworn by a 13-year-old California boy who sued Jackson for, among other things, sexual battery, willful misconduct, and emotional distress. The child's declaration includes a graphic account of alleged sexual encounters with Jackson at Neverland and various hotels. Four months after the Los Angeles Superior Court lawsuit was filed, the two sides announced that the matter had been settled, though terms were not disclosed. News reports have estimated that Jackson paid between $15 and $40 million to settle the tawdry action. No criminal charges were ever filed in connection with the teenager's charges.

[ 11-19-2003, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 11-19-2003, 12:23 PM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Never wondered why someone who is NOT guilty would pay such an amount of money, just to make the "evil" go away ?
Old 11-19-2003, 01:27 PM   #9
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by JrKASperov:
It's more aobut the sick way he talks about kids and how he loves them to no end and how he incessently goes on about how they need love. It's all too mushy to be sane.

Is it a crime to love kids *alot* and talk mushy about them? It's accusations and remarks like these that start genuine witch-hunts. If the man is found guilty of charges, then by all means punish and scold him. But until then, treat him like any other citizen and do not be prejudiced or judgemental, those are bad characteristics.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:41 PM   #10
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

I'm saying that every man who talks about how much he loves kids and they should be treated with all mushy love and how it's good to give them love by letting them sleep in his own bed, that THAT's insane, you should draw the line by simply loving kids, and becoming mushy. I nowhere stated that he is a fellon of child abuse, but I do think his thoughts about love are too much. And believe me, I'm a genuine romantic, but I don't go blabber on about how much I love my girlfriend, I don't even do it to her, it would be too much for anyone the way he does it, and I have seen that interview with him.

EDIT: I'm NOT saying he is some child-abusive guy, but I AM saying that he is obsessed, and THAT is wrong enough in itself.

[ 11-19-2003, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: JrKASperov ]