Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 02-28-2002, 07:03 PM   #1
sauranan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had Nalia in my party but let her go. I thought I accepted the quest for De'Arnise Hold but it is blanked out on my map. How can I get her back to accept the quest and get to De'Arnise Hold?

Thanks
sauranan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 07:09 PM   #2
ULockit I Stealit
The Magister

Is it blanked out (unclickable) or not on your map.

If it is unclickable, all you have to do is go to City Gates before leaving the City and go out the gate. You cannot go straight from one of the districts to an outlying area. (at least the first time)

If is not on your map then you must find Nalia in the Copper Coronet. If she is not there then you are SOL. (you musta pissed her off bad)
Old 02-28-2002, 07:29 PM   #3
sauranan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks!

It is there but unclickable. By the "City Gates" do you mean that area?

I am currently in Umar Hills trying to find an exit.
sauranan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 07:39 PM   #4
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Something similar happened to me, but it was with the region where you kill the Paladins looking like orcs.

I talked to the guy in the cooper coronet, he gave me the quest, but the area was grayed out. I figured it was not important and kept playing. I went and did the trademeet quest, and After that the paladin,s area was available to travel to. I don't know what happened.

Maybe you should wait a few ingame days and see what happen.
Old 02-28-2002, 07:40 PM   #5
ULockit I Stealit
The Magister

If you are in Umar Hills right now you will have to go to the edge of the map till you get that wheel thing. Then you should be able to click d'arnise hold.

It should be a dark blue. If you have gone off the map at Umar and it still doesn't want to let you go there, then go to the City Gates, turn around and click to leave again. You should then be able to go there.

Good Luck,
Old 02-28-2002, 08:58 PM   #6
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

I also had the problem with the Umar Hills, when I wanted to travel there the second time to get Valayar. It was grayed out and I couln't reach it from any city-region. Traveling then to the D'Arnise-Stronghold and then to the Umar hills solved the problem
Chris77Se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 05:18 AM   #7
Kezardin
Elminster

Sauranan,

to exit via the city gates you have to travel to the city gates map and exit the area *through the gates* in the north east of the map.
If you just try and leave via the south edge it won't work.

The sweet spot to make the travel wheel appear is near the half onion dome to the right of the gates. Once you've succesfully travelled to De'Arnise or Umar Hills you don't need to go through this hassle again for that particular map

As ULockit IStealit said, you can often travel to these problem maps from other areas outside the city. You might need to use the mapedge that's in the general direction you're going e.g. exit western map edge of Windspear Hills if you're trying to get to De'Arnise.

Kez

[ 03-01-2002: Message edited by: Kezardin ]

Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 05:22 AM   #8
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

And Im trying to figure it out but does ne1 else reckon that where you come from does affect which exit/entrance you enter in on the map?
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 05:35 AM   #9
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Where you enter seem to be mostly fixed in BG2. In Baldur's Gate you entered an area from the direction you where coming from, but in BG2 I almost always appear in a fixed spot. It varies from area to area.
Old 03-01-2002, 06:48 AM   #10
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

O.... I just thought that because that whenever you go from the temple ruins to Umar Hills you pop up near Valygars Cabin [img]smile.gif[/img]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote