Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-12-2001, 09:42 PM   #11
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

Welcome to IW VWBoy!

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

The Spaminyte Emperor
Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!

Old 09-13-2001, 12:38 AM   #12
VWBoy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks. A lot of cool stuff here to see and read, and the help was great. Im still unsure what to take for a class, that idea of dualing off the start is really cool, so i tried that, but i really cant make up my mind, maybe just a straight fighter, jese the decisions because i hate haveing several ones, i like haveing one i like and playing it to the end. but thanks to all for your input!!

Arron
Old 09-13-2001, 05:24 AM   #13
Mahlennacht
Drow Warrior

I'm partial to bards myself - wasn't sure what I wanted to play the first time, so I settled on a (regular) bard - ended up really enjoying the class. Sort of a 'general practitioner'. You can cast mage spells (up to level 6 spells, which isn't bad) and assist your primary mage; at the same time, you can eventually be a decent secondary fighter (you have a good selection of weapon proficiencies for a non-fighter - I chose Flail because no other NPC's are really proficient in flail); bards are excellent pickpockets (if you don't have an ethical problem with that); and they are pretty much able to identify ANY unknown item after around, what, level 10 or so - one thing a fighter/mage/thief can't do...although the importance of being able to ID items so readily is debatable, it sure is a nice luxury - frees up your spell memorization slots for more attack spells.

*speaking of which, hope you were able to get those mage spells working*
Old 09-13-2001, 07:40 AM   #14
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Mahlennacht:
I'm partial to bards myself - wasn't sure what I wanted to play the first time, so I settled on a (regular) bard - ended up really enjoying the class. Sort of a 'general practitioner'. You can cast mage spells (up to level 6 spells, which isn't bad) and assist your primary mage; at the same time, you can eventually be a decent secondary fighter (you have a good selection of weapon proficiencies for a non-fighter - I chose Flail because no other NPC's are really proficient in flail); bards are excellent pickpockets (if you don't have an ethical problem with that); and they are pretty much able to identify ANY unknown item after around, what, level 10 or so - one thing a fighter/mage/thief can't do...although the importance of being able to ID items so readily is debatable, it sure is a nice luxury - frees up your spell memorization slots for more attack spells.

*speaking of which, hope you were able to get those mage spells working*
I agree. I like Bards myself. I prefer the Skald kit - I don't generally bother with pickpocket, so lower skill level there doesn't bother me, and the Skald song is pretty useful! All the Bard kits are very good, though.
Useful tip about the flail - I like to have one of my team able to use it, but never given it to my bards.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 09-13-2001).]
Old 09-13-2001, 09:34 AM   #15
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Bards are enjoying and the feeling of roleplaying a bard, it's great. I'm thinking about to give my skald proficiency with crossbow. Nobody in my party uses crossbow so it would be nice. Most funny bard kit is Skald in my opinion because his bard song improves as he advances level.

Bards are also "fine" fighters
with tenser transofrmation spell they become GREAT fighters

is there any armor that lets you cast spells for bard?