Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-13-2001, 07:12 PM   #31
Kitty
Manshoon

1st game:
Laennec (straight fighter)
Jaheira
Anomen
Nalia
Yoshimo / Imoen
Mazzy

2nd game:
Ryan (Undead Hunter)
Minsc
Jaheira
Anomen
Nalia
Imoen

3rd game:
Namara (Berserker)
Aerie
Jan
Nalia
Anomen
Keldorn

I tried Cernd, Haer'Dalis, Korgan, Viconia and Valygar, but for short periods (of those aforementioned, Valygar had the longest stay - 21 out of 103 days). I'm planning to play a mage or a cleric im my next game, but I'm really out of time.
Old 09-13-2001, 07:21 PM   #32
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

Me Caviler
Minsc
Jahiera
Yoshimo
Aerie

My first party... I was planning on adding Imoen to make it a 6 person group however... well we all know what happens. I ended up taking Anomen to fill up room but these are the 4 that hold a special place in my heart ^_^
Old 09-13-2001, 07:29 PM   #33
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

efficiency party:
Minsc(and Boo, although he´s not that effective at all)
Korgan
Yoshimo
Nalia
Viconia

story party(what actually matters):
Minsc
Jaheira
Haer´Dalis
Aerie
Jan
...but you need a tank main char for this one

------------------
Calvin the bold - the malt beer lord is in!
Old 09-13-2001, 10:51 PM   #34
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I've to admit I'm still having a headache trying to decide who to retain in the party. Ideally, I'd pick this party:

Minsc, Keldorn, Mazzy, Jan, Jaheira, my kensai-mage.

This is because in the previous game I only had 2 fighters and I want to see how much difference an additional fighter will make. But somehow, I get worried thinking that each time Jaheira (or some other single priest) casts protection spells, it takes way too long to buff up even just the fighters, ie danger of spell duration running out.

Just a question for those who do not have Jaheira in the party -- did you have her right up to Harper's quest and then dump her (at that point, ring of wizardry would be obtained) Though I don't really like her and would prefer Anomen (especially to try out the romance), I would feel really guilty (well, at least for a while )abandoning her after all she has done for me.

Does anyone have any comments on this? I'm really interested to hear what you have to say.
Old 09-13-2001, 11:20 PM   #35
Kitty
Manshoon

Your party is well-balanced. You have 3 powerful fighters (Minsc and Keldorn as frontliners, Mazzy as a sniper and ALSO as a frontliner when equipped with some strenght enhancing item)and 2 support fighters (Jaheira and you).
I'd stay with those characters you currently have! But if you really want Anomen, remove either Minsc or Keldorn depending on your choice of fighting styles; keep Minsc if you like to dual-wield, or Keldorn if you like 2 handed weapon style (because of Carsomyr).
Keep in mind that no NPCs can have grandmastery in bow, so unless your Kensai-Mage has a good shot or you're not a fan of ranged combat, keep Mazzy.
Old 09-14-2001, 02:49 AM   #36
Charlander
Dungeon Master

This is my favorite party in SoA:

Myself (fighter)
Minsc (stands beside me in the heat of battle)
Yoshimo (my little "picklock-findtraps-backstap" party member)
Jaheira (use her both as fighter and wizard)
Aerie (use her as wizard)
Nalia (use her as wizard aswell)

Myself (fighter):
Favorite weapon: Flail of ages (it was hard to collect the last flail-head from those pesky golems!)

------------------
...and he walked the earth for centuries, slaying creaturs of the underworld...
-Charlander

[This message has been edited by Charlander (edited 09-14-2001).]