Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2001, 01:13 AM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

I think most of the kits are useless except Paladin kits they're very nice specially Cavalier is GREAT! Of course I don't use missile weapons I'm a melee fighter and the bonuses are GREAT! And Undead Hunter is also very GREAT! Think bout it! Immunity to drain level!! Also you become a undead slayer with +3 thaco and damage. A little but useful healing spell is not important after all.

About Fighter kit, Berserker is very good because it doesnt have any disadvantages for a melee fighter. In my opinion, I'm not agree with Kensai because I like to wear armor and feel it on my skin (roleplaying) After all there isn't BEST character, there's ENJOYING character to play.

Conjurer Mages are best. No more words I think? (just swords eheh)

Sorcerer, barbarian sucks
Old 08-27-2001, 01:44 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I think the kensai has lost a lot of its potency with ToB. What's the difference between a 25th level kensai and a 25th level fighter with critical strike? The fighter can wear armor, the kensai can't.

Other than that, I wouldn't say they were useless though, the stalker and the jester are really good.

------------------
Old 08-27-2001, 01:47 AM   #3
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
YES MEMNOCH!! THANK YOU!

Jester rock! WHy cant people see that. As for all the otehr kits. I hear th assasian is alright. I hear alot of them are pretty good.

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be
Old 08-27-2001, 05:27 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Sorcerers are generally 'harder' to play than Mages. However, with a carefully thought out, pre-defined spell list, it is usually more powerful than a Mage. The thing about Sorcerers is, they can cast more spells than Mages, and in terms of raw firepower, they simply overwhelm the Mage.

This becomes more apparent in ToB, where you can have Lvl 10 spells. For Mages, you have to sarcrifice a Lvl 9 spell slot to cast a Lvl 10 spell. For Sorcerers, you need not to.

Six Dragon's Breaths... *drooool*... ...

Of course, Sorcerers do have disadvantages, the main one being the restricted spell list. However, as I mentioned earlier, if you take the time to choose your spells before you make your Sorcerer, you can end up with a really powerful spell caster. Still, Mages have Sorcerers beat, in terms of adaptability and variety. I will not deny that. However, my Sorcerer can handle most situations without the need to change spells and rest.

Think about it too, how many different types of spells do you have per spell level? A Sorcerer can have five spells per level, which is more than enough for most vital spells.

Especially for Lvl 1 where I actually have the luxury to choose 'lousy' spells

Maybe for Lvl 6 and Lvl 7, you may have a hard time choosing, which brings us to the next question we magic-users must ask ourselves. How often do you use that spell?

I won't say Sorcerers beat Mages in every department, but really, they far from suck. With proper planning, they can easily be one of the best spell-casters in the game.

PS: Some choose Mages because they want to be able to earn Xp from reading scrolls. Trust me, there's more than enough in the game to make this a moot point except for Dual-class characters.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 08-27-2001, 10:26 AM   #5
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Barbarian suck I am not to sure they suck. I am trying this kit out and kind of like it. They get to move faster, more hp, all the slashing and fighting reistance, and also get the rage thing which protects from level drain. And it is no big deal you can not get plate armor. Just grab dragon scale.
Old 08-27-2001, 01:31 PM   #6
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

WHat about Jester is it a good Kit? As I know Bard song does not improve it has only confusing song. so it can be useless to confuse resistent creatures right?

blade kit looks fine
Old 08-27-2001, 01:34 PM   #7
HooC
The Magister

Kensai is very deadly.
Make him an elf with Dexterity 19 and give him some armor reducing goodies and voila.. You have a slayer
Old 08-27-2001, 03:26 PM   #8
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

I think all classes and kits offer something unique or at least a little different.
Barbarian is not a kit, it's a different class all together. I like them a lot, espesially immunity to backstab
Old 08-27-2001, 03:38 PM   #9
DEADMAN
Manshoon

The kits for clerics are nice, since you gain abilities without losing anything.
Old 08-27-2001, 05:08 PM   #10
Nolek Psyphon
Dungeon Master

Don't forget about the Swashbuckler. With two weapon style you can become a strong fighter with the added bonus of thieving abilities.