Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2001, 10:14 AM   #11
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Here's a question for you, Uncle Vask, hopefully you can enlighten the rest of the guys:

How does ICM work and how has it revolutionized the whole area of area editing and mini-MODding (so to speak)?

------------------
Old 05-21-2001, 10:18 AM   #12
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Here's a question for you, Uncle Vask, hopefully you can enlighten the rest of the guys:

How does ICM work and how has it revolutionized the whole area of area editing and mini-MODding (so to speak)?

------------------
Old 05-21-2001, 10:34 AM   #13
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Well actaully ICM still isn't complete (the avatar workshop and such are still missing). However, it does make area editing much easier. I haven't done too much area editing but I know that editing the .ARE files with a hex editor is a pain and ICM allows u to "click and drag" new objects (eg. creatures, info points, triggers, exits, containers) onto the background without any hex editing, so yeah it sort of does revolutionalise it. However it by no means makes it simple and u still gotta know stuff about editing. It takes a bit of time to learn how to use it too. Also, u can extract any area of the background by just drawing a box around it and zoom in to edit things at the in-game level of zoom.
Down under what ICM is doing as I said is hex-editing the .ARE file and making a .WED for u. It allows u to associate new backgrounds with areas and it edits the dialog.tlk entries and chitin.key for u and makes u a BIF file with your area. All in all, bloody amazing project for 2 ppl. (Gaelion and Patternstorm).

I have only experimented with it because in our mods we haven't got onto making the areas yet, so I'll prob be able to give a better answer later on.
Old 05-22-2001, 07:08 AM   #14
white heron
Manshoon

Ok dude,i have a question. Im looking for a nice dark black colour to use on the grip of a halberd.The only black i know is 21 which is a bit pale.? Thx.
Old 05-22-2001, 08:30 AM   #15
white heron
Manshoon

BUMP FOR BLACK!
Old 05-22-2001, 08:41 AM   #16
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

ok guys Ill be the first to admit that im a complete rookie when it comes to the editing thing. i downloaded the Infinity Engine Editor Standard and cant even get it to open ANY file much less an item that id like to edit. what do i have to do to get this thing working???? or am I simply using the wrong program??? any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

------------------
IS THE PIZZA HERE YET????
WANNA PASS ME A BEER??? THANKS!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2001, 08:46 AM   #17
white heron
Manshoon

Earthdog, I'd recommend Getting the 'IEE pro' version.I't sounds like you may need to download the VB6 and VB5 'dependency' files from www.teambg.com ,they are needed by the infinity engine editor to ensure compatibility.Download 'shadowkeeper' from www.mudmaster.com and you should have everything you need.
Just read your other post.... All the action goes on in your 'override' folder which is in your BG2 folder. The only items you'll find in there are ones from the patch(?) and Bonus CD files. ITM.files are items ,SPL.files are spells.You can put other ITM. and SPL.files in the override folder using shadowkeeper and then open and edit them with IEE pro.
There was an ok tutorial on how to make a couple of things with IEE on the net somewhere but i forgot where(maybe Accord knows about this?).

[This message has been edited by white heron (edited 05-22-2001).]
Old 05-22-2001, 10:45 AM   #18
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Actually, Vaskez, did TeamBG ever come up with a full list of known opcodes, gradient colors and other parameters for IEEP?

------------------
Old 05-22-2001, 11:31 AM   #19
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

i already had vb6 and i just downloaded vb5 and the pro version. i know i ahve to send everything to override. im just hoping i can get this thing going right. all your help is truely appreciated. if i can come up with some cool stuff youll be the first to hear about it. thanks!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2001, 11:50 AM   #20
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Earthdog, I replied to your question on someone else's editing post, I just can't remember which post it was.

------------------