Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2001, 10:44 AM   #1
kaythen
Dungeon Master

I was wondering what voodo dolls were for, and the Urn of old in the first crypt. I would also like to know what the book of the servant and book of misfortune are for. Thanks.
kaythen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 10:49 AM   #2
Tempus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The book of the servant has the answers you need to give to complete the ritual in the serpent temple. After you use the incense, nectar and wand you will be asked the questions in the book.
Tempus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 10:51 AM   #3
kaythen
Dungeon Master

I don't mean book of the servant, I meant the servant's menu.
kaythen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 10:52 AM   #4
Serath
Manshoon

Well, I know that the book of the Servant gives you the answers to the questions to get into the lair of the Naga in the Serpent Temple. And I know that you can sell the voodoo dolls for fun and profit.

Unfortunately, that's all the help I can be.

Serath
"Boo says....whaaaaat?!?!"
Serath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 10:54 AM   #5
Serath
Manshoon

The servants menu is useless. Meant for a laugh, I guess.

Serath
"Who wants some?"
Serath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 10:57 AM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

The "Urns of Old" are for decorative use only...or for confusing gamers who think that they're targetable. They fall in the same class as the useless "demonic figurine" in Skull Castle" or the "Pile of Sand" just outside the Anephas Shrine. Just ignore them.

The Voodoo dolls cast some sort of spell at an opponent when you invoke them (Curse, Enfeeble)? I've never used them before, so you may try it out and see what it does.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 01:21 PM   #7
Zoric
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The Voodoo Dolls cast a curse on your opponent, although I don't know what that really does. I tried it once or twice and it said "You cast a curse on the *creature*", but I killed the thing with the next few swings of my sword so how the curse really affected the creature, I can't say. I just went and sold all the dolls after that.

Zoric
Zoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 05:26 PM   #8
FanPyre
Dungeon Master

Hehe yeah thats silly, what would u want a curse for if u have meteorstorm or similiar! its annoying how your backpack fills up with junk so quickly in the game, it got to the point that i wouldnt accept gems ort gold bars and most swords and armor. The way it should have been was once one of ur characters has the artifacts skill all characters should be able to id items it would make the game much more user friendly. it can take up to 30 mins to id everything.
FanPyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 06:44 PM   #9
AliCat
Drow Warrior

Hmmm, I have the same question, though, about the book of misfortune. Has anybody ever found a use for it? I've been through most, if not all, of the rolls, and don't remember being able to read the book in any form. Can a vampire read it? Has anyone checked?

I'm very curious about this, actually.
AliCat
AliCat is offline   Reply With Quote