Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 03-08-2006, 03:22 PM   #1
cris
Elite Waterdeep Guard

any advice on killing him. I have got him inot demi-lich form fairly easily but now he seems to have unlimited imprisonment spells and i can do nothing to harm him. If i attack him he imprisons four of my party members and then sits there whilst i can't do anything to harm him.
This might be because he used all his spells whilst in lich form and only has extra ones he gained when he became a demi-lich.
My battle with Kangaxx the Lich took quite a long time due to my policy of summoning fire elmentals from a distance which, whilst dihonourable, did the trick.
My party is about levels 10-12 at the moment and the best weapons i have are +3. my party is:
Antonio Piatre: swashbuckler PC
Minsc, Valygar, Jaheira, Aerie, Nalia.
cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:25 PM   #2
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

try summon a few undead, because they have a high MR i think. use the mace of disruption. if you have daystar, use it, both sunray and the actual weapon. good luck
Old 03-08-2006, 06:10 PM   #3
Link
Jack Burton

Spell Immunity: Abjuration - the spellcaster will be safe and sound.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 07:45 PM   #4
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by timothy trotter:
try summon a few undead, because they have a high MR i think. use the mace of disruption. if you have daystar, use it, both sunray and the actual weapon. good luck
IIRC the demi-lich may only be hit by +4 or better weapons, so you would have to use the Improved Mace of Disruption. In addition, even though it says that it is +4 vs. undead, Daystar remains a +2 weapon as far as determining what it can strike, so I don't think that you will find it that useful. Melf's Minute Meteors will damage it, as well as a few other weapons that you might not normally use (Staff of Rhyn, Flame Tongue Longsword, Sling of Everard, and Hammer +1/+4 vs. Giants spring readilly to mind). The Ring of the Ram is supposed to be particularly effective.

BTW, summons spells might not be such a great idea against Kangaxx unless you have ready access to the 9th level Freedom spell. Imprisoned summons count against your 5-creature summoning limit.

[ 03-08-2006, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Desuma Malevois ]
Old 03-09-2006, 06:47 AM   #5
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

deuma malwvois, sorry i didi mean to say the improved mace of disruption.
tob item location spoiler
;
;
;
;
if you have TOB, there is a good +4 weapon on the first level of watchers keep, that is reasonably easy to obtain, it would be an ideal wepon for jaheria. i did it with a solo assasin at lvl 14 or something
Old 03-09-2006, 09:19 AM   #6
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by timothy trotter:
if you have TOB, there is a good +4 weapon on the first level of watchers keep, that is reasonably easy to obtain, it would be an ideal wepon for jaheria. i did it with a solo assasin at lvl 14 or something
Please don't think I'm picking on you because I'm really not trying to [img]smile.gif[/img] , but if you're referring to the ninja-to Usuno's Blade you'll find that druids can't use it. Of course, that doesn't stop one of his other characters from picking it up....
Old 03-09-2006, 09:33 AM   #7
lost prophet
Drow Warrior

all you need is someone who is at least proficient in slings. by the sling of everard and then do the following.
-get him to demiliche form
-get everyone but the slinger out of his sight
-prot from undead
-pot of speed

pot of speed is better than haste because haste doesnt double your attacks like the potion does. when you have done the above he will sit there doing nothing while you beat the crap out of him. At least thats how I did it with a level 11 solo mage.

good luck
Old 03-09-2006, 12:30 PM   #8
cris
Elite Waterdeep Guard

can someone tell me where i might find the sling of everard?
the problem with getting out of his los is the he is standing within sight of the entrance. I could try spell immunity: abjuration on aerie with sling of everard and move everyone else out of his sight whilst she whacks him?
cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:54 PM   #9
Stonewarrior
Manshoon

You can by the Sling for Joluv (sp?) in the Copper Coronet. He is one the bonus merchants.
Stonewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 08:59 PM   #10
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Might I have some wine with that cheese? Or crackers? I love crackers...

My advice: Skip him for now.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote