Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-22-2005, 04:54 PM   #61
Sinteuil
The Magister

I tried this using Windows XP, but noticed that under the Programs folder, I now have two Wizardry8 folders, or to clarify better, one "Wizardry8" folder and one "Wizardry 8" folder (with a space). Hope this won't be any trouble!

[ 01-22-2005, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: Sinteuil ]
Sinteuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 06:13 PM   #62
babar
Manshoon

you can always rename the extention to .zip or whatever it is and put it in the right place manually. you can also do this is if you are squemish about running binaries from the internet
babar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 08:35 PM   #63
Flamestryke
The Magister

Ok I got back today and read all these then went and made another exe extraction file for the correct path so you will not need to rename any folders with version 4a.

There was also some corruption in the mod from the upload I suppose. I corrected the problems it was causing so even if you installed version4 please go download and install version4a. I have already downloaded it and cheked it out to be sure nothing was corrupted.

I also included a note on the beach with the Foamies with the version number on it. Only newly started games will get the note, so if you have progressed very far please don't start a new game just for this note.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:08 PM   #64
Flamestryke
The Magister

Ok if you downloaded version 4a, the self extracting exe file please go to the site and download the version 4b zip file.

Delete the 4a exe file and remove anything it installed. This self extracting file has a mind of its own it seems. In 5 different installations attempts it created various errors in the mod each time on my machine alone. These errors were always different and other users are telling me of even more errors in their mods. You can read the Mod Archives for a little more info.

For those of you familiar with the previous mods you know what to do about coppying the folders but there is an installation text included in the zip file which details installation. This text file also includes a minor change, the ONLY change to the mod that should have occurred since 4a was released.

With 4a there seems to be all manner of changes to all manner of items randomly across the board. One person cannot even get Wizardry 8 to run any more. It isn't a certainty this self extracting file caused the problem but it is possible so please stop using that version of the Mod and install version 4b.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:56 AM   #65
Sinteuil
The Magister

Okay, I'm on the hunt for some dungeon priests. I'm pretty sure I've seen them somewhere in the game before, but can't remember where... I've checked the retros, but so far no luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Old 01-28-2005, 12:57 PM   #66
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Retros are the only place. Usually more in the Northern one.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 04:23 PM   #67
Sinteuil
The Magister

Thanks Scatter! I'm wondering if maybe I waited too late because all I'm seeing are coal golems, and my party is already at level 20. I noticed at Flamestryke's site that dungeon priests only go up to level 13 but the coal golems go up to level 18, so hopefully I'm not out of luck now... But I'll try some more! I'm also kind of missing those Kubes! [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] LOL! [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2005, 08:46 AM   #68
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

I thought there was a set encounter in the northern wilderness one right before you get to the hoarder slime.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:40 PM   #69
Sinteuil
The Magister

I got to the hoarder slime without any dungeon priests or kubes, and I've tried numerous times now. My guess is that it's best to go there when you're around level 15 (Flamestryke posted a gamesave with these encounters and her party is at that level). At level 20, I guess I just missed out because all I ever see are the golems, tiger mosquitoes, and once in a while even some wind sprites.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:31 AM   #70
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

I think I was between 14 and 16 when I went in now that you mention it.