Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2005, 06:20 AM   #41
Mr Creosote
The Magister

After a lot of dithering finally decided to run a 2 char party - Lizzie Bard and Hobbit Gadgie.
Only at Arnika but boy does that Gadgie rock!

One question, are the Silver Bullets only avail from Burz or do other game vendors sell them?

The mod is great! Having played this game since it came out its fun again wondering what items you will find, and gets me exploring the areas I usually bypass.
Thanks Flame!
Mr Creosote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 07:40 AM   #42
Sinteuil
The Magister

Yeah, those Silver Bullets are phenomenal! As far as I know Kunar is the only other vendor who has them. Sounds like you're going to have a fun game that will sustain a little more challenge than if you had all six characters wreaking havoc! And the really cool thing is that even with this duo, you'll still get your portals!
Sinteuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 11:40 AM   #43
Krull
Zhentarim Guard

Yes, only Kunar and Burz sell Silver Bullets as far as I know and I've been to every vendor with the new mod with the exception of Ferro.

Does anyone know if Ferro sells them?
Krull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 12:27 PM   #44
Mr Creosote
The Magister

I got 150 of the silver bullets when I was at Burz and am rationing them! Still I like that Gadie staff so am building up his melee.

What is this portal thingy that is referred to in several postings?
Is it something I can easily find or that requires looking for?
Old 01-20-2005, 05:02 PM   #45
Sinteuil
The Magister

Ferro doesn't seem to have the silver bullets, but he's got lots of arrows, unusual throwing items, and some new armour. Since I had a lord in my party who already found his special armour, the trip to Ferro turned out to be pretty anti-climactic this time around. The portal items are reasonably easy to find, but I suggest that you keep detect secrets on all the time, and go everywhere you would ordinarily go if you had casters. Your biggest obstacle with this party will be getting your artifacts skill up really high. I'm actually not sure how to train up artifacts on these characters without any casters in the party, since I usually just use the Blarneystone alot, which needs to be uncursed (maybe you could recruit Vi just for the training and use mana stones?). I'm sure it's going to be tedious, but well worth it in the end!
Old 01-20-2005, 05:03 PM   #46
Krull
Zhentarim Guard

For the portalling, there are two items that allows any Fighter, Rogue, Bard or Gadgeteer to Set and Return to Portal. Excellent, so any party with these four professions can now all use portals.

Each item has 10 charges whisch can be replenished, of course, by selling and buyimg back at certain vendors like Bradffit nd Fuzzfas.

Note, as RFS is a Monk, although a non caster, he can't use them.

Warning, they require an Artefacts skill of 60 to use so remember to pump this up any way you can.

Possible Spolier Alert
Just nipped inside AP to get the third part for the Gadgie's staff. It's roughly where you turn right to go to the back door of the castle so if you're lucky you won't encounter any enemies to get it. I had to fight 3 Swallowers (I'm level 11) which was OK.
Krull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 08:38 PM   #47
Mr Creosote
The Magister

Artifact skill of 60?!!!
Wow, that's high.
In fact I can't think of any way to get it that high until the latter part of the game.
Or is there?!
Old 01-20-2005, 08:46 PM   #48
Sinteuil
The Magister

You either need a hell of alot of mana stones, or you could recruit Vi long enough to get her to learn Remove Curse (level 4 spell). Then all you would need is the Blarneystone from the Bluff and it's easy work from there. Once you have the Blarneystone and someone to uncurse it, you can probably get both your characters a portal in about half an hour.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:09 PM   #49
Mr Creosote
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Sinteuil:
You either need a hell of alot of mana stones, or you could recruit Vi long enough to get her to learn Remove Curse (level 4 spell). Then all you would need is the Blarneystone from the Bluff and it's easy work from there. Once you have the Blarneystone and someone to uncurse it, you can probably get both your characters a portal in about half an hour.
Could you pls explain the actual technique. This isn't one I am aware of.
Exactly how does this train artifact skill?
Thx!
Old 01-20-2005, 09:29 PM   #50
Sinteuil
The Magister

The Blarneystone will cast Charm, and it gets nine charges (whereas you can only use a mana stone twice before selling it back to recharge it, or else it disappears completely). Artifact skill increases rapidly for the character who uses the Blarneystone. In my experience, every nine uses raised Artifact skill at least one to two points, and you can go through nine uses easily in less than a minute. Mana stones will do the same thing, but because you can only use them twice before recharging them, I seriously don't recommend it. The real setback here is that you'll have to get Vi to level 12 before she can learn Remove Curse, which you need to sell back the Blarneystone for recharging. But once you've got it, you can just keep casting it on Braffit, uncurse it, sell it, buy back from him and repeat.... It's tedious, but really doesn't take that long. The bright side is that the Remove Curse spell that you need to do this is lower level than the portal spells themselves! Hope this helps!

Edit:
It just occurred to me that another possibility would be to get an amulet of healing from Crock. If you can then make a run for the staff of doom, equip it and use the amulet to heal yourself, this should raise your artifact skill without having to deal with Vi. Not sure how many charges it gets, but I'm sure it'll work better than a mana stone! Of course then you're stuck with the staff until you get Vi to uncurse it! Damn!!!

[ 01-20-2005, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Sinteuil ]