Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2005, 02:41 PM   #21
babar
Manshoon

yeah if you are talking about the spopper cool ... but the readme for the 3rd update says something about restarting if you have a gadgeteer, ... don't know if I gone too far for any new (version 3) placed items. I usually have a ranger, but I replaced him with a gadgeteer, so I don't know if I missed any hidden things (figured I'd just come back with detect secrets instead of manually searching).

anyway I decided I like the munchkin stuff too much and will just play through. If I missed something it'll have to wait to next time. (plus I don't want to fight the tower orb gang another 50 times in this lifetime)
babar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 03:24 PM   #22
Sinteuil
The Magister

I'm having the same issue as babar in starting the 3rd update after already arriving in Arnika with a gadgie. So far, I'm very bad at figuring out how to merge the new items! Took me forever to even figure out pipe bombs (and I kind of wish they were stackable). Hope I'm not spoiling anyone, but I'm just wondering if the crowbar I found in the Umpani caves might need that part I missed in the monastery. Also I believe there's a rumour about a new gadgie item in the Umpani area. I swear I've been everywhere in those damn caves, but only found the crowbar, so if I missed something else there maybe someone could offer up a hint. Thanks everyone!
Sinteuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 10:43 PM   #23
Krull
Zhentarim Guard

SPOILER ALERT
Babar

I meant an iron pipe found in the Monastery which you merge with a quarterstaff to make an ironshod staff for the Gadgie.

By the way, in the latest mod the staff dropped by the Orb at Savant Tower has been moved to another location and is a fixed drop, ie you will always get it.

Sinteuil

You can then merge the ironshod staff with the crowbar to make another, better, staff. There is also yet another part, just after you enter AP, which you merge with this staff to make an even better staff. Gets complicated!

Obviously if you don't want a staff for your Gadgie leave it for your next game.

[ 01-16-2005, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: Krull ]
Krull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 12:27 AM   #24
Sinteuil
The Magister

Thanks so much Krull! I'm playing a pretty strictly ranged party for the first time so I don't really need the staff anyway. Good to have the Chakrum for when the gadgie runs out of ammunition which happens alot! Let me know if I'm wrong but I believe there's a rumour of a loudspeaker somewhere in Gigas, but I've never found it on the mod and have pretty much driven myself crazy over it even though my bishop already has shadow hound! LOL! Anyway, thanks again!
Old 01-17-2005, 01:31 AM   #25
babar
Manshoon

aw crap, thanks for the info ... I was just back at the Monastery to get Cierdan's stuff but didn't bother to look around again. Oh well.

as for the loudspeaker, I got one and made an alarm, but don't remember where i got it. might have been a drop. must have been somewhere between monastery and trynton, but probably between monastery and arnika. haven't been anywhere else.

it's probably good that orb staff was moved, I thought it was pretty unbalancing. that and the fairy shield in trynton.
babar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 01:42 AM   #26
Krull
Zhentarim Guard

Sinteuil

YET ANOTHER SPOILER ALERT!
The Loudspeaker is in the locked room where those bats are in the Upper Monastery and the corresponding part needed, Electric Eye, is dropped by the Bank Golem.

By the way, just made a run to Bela to get some Shadow Cloaks and he now has some new, awesome, items for sale. For example, there's a misc item for Mooks only which gives pluses to HP, SP and Stamina. Take plenty of money!
Old 01-17-2005, 03:39 AM   #27
Sinteuil
The Magister

Thanks babar, just knowing the general area was enough for me to be able to go back and find it, and by the way it's a hidden item in the monestary. If I'd actually planned this as a ranged party with gadgie and ranger, I probably would have found it long ago instead of torturing myself in the Gigas Caves! Anyway, thanks for the hint! Thanks again also to Krull, though I was lucky to find it without spoiling myself silly! Also went to Bela, and really love the felpurr amulet!

[ 01-17-2005, 03:43 AM: Message edited by: Sinteuil ]
Old 01-17-2005, 04:34 PM   #28
Mr Creosote
The Magister

Could someone pls explain what I need to download and install for the mod.

Went to Flame's site and was bewildered by the number of download files, and what they did and which ones I need.

Is there an idiot's guide on what to download, how to install, and what extras it adds to the game?
Mr Creosote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 05:11 PM   #29
Krull
Zhentarim Guard

Mr Creosote

There have been 3 versions of the mod and each version has updates. However, when releasing updates, Flamestryke always updates the main version of the mod, in this case of course, version 3.

So just download version 3 of the mod to a temporary folder (FFM-version3.zip).

Installing it to Wiz8 is easy, just carefully follow the installation instructions.

As for the extras, there's too many to mention. Lots of new items, weapons, armour etc and new graphics to them as well. The latest version has race specific items, for example, which are very nice. For example, the Mook has a misc item which gives pluses to HP, SP and Stamina.

IMHO the mod is well worth downloading, brings new life to the game.

Oh yes, Gadgeteers are now much more useful, I recommend one for a new party. Also, a vendor now sells the Elven Bow (brought over from Wiz7) so you may want to start with an Elf Ranger or Bard etc for example.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:02 AM   #30
Mr Creosote
The Magister

Thanks Krull, sounds great!

So, all I need to do is install Wiz 8, update with the Wiz 8 patch, download FFM-version3.zip. install that, and I am ready to sample the delights?

I normally play Solo's but to experience the new items any race/roles I ought to include? From your post seems like a Mook Gadgie is a must! Anyone else?
Mr Creosote is offline   Reply With Quote