Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2006, 08:54 PM   #1
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
Hello NWNighters,

I've got some issues with upgrading my HotU to version 1.61 - since I am only on dialup, the change from 1.59-1.61 is about 78 meg which I can't really download in one session (or at least it has failed after 2 tries)
I was just curious if there was another more obvious method I could use to update since being fully updated is required for most modules these days.

Feel free to recommend some of your favourite modules as well. I just finished one recently from nwnvault based on the first fighting fantasy gamebook, the Warlock of Firetop Mountain, which was alot of fun!

Cheers,
CD

[ 08-16-2006, 05:36 AM: Message edited by: CerebroDragon ]
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 07:40 AM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Can't help you with your updating problem, but: http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/no...=003632#000000

[ 08-16-2006, 07:41 AM: Message edited by: Dreamer128 ]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:12 AM   #3
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Thanks Dreamer128 [img]smile.gif[/img] (You're not a Commodore-128 fan perchance?)

I probably should have searched to begin with and found your thread - its exactly the kind of thing I had in mind.

Ironically, I downloaded just last night the module at the top of your list, Hex Coda. The plot description and reviews intrigued me quite a bit. I very much like high-interaction and a high level of dialogue in my games and so I'm definitely looking forward to trying it out - right after I find a way to update my game version.
I might be resigned to purchasing the diamond edition or getting it from a friend, since I already own a vanilla NWN.

As a further related question - how many people have played the stuff from the Premium Kingmaker Modules? Are they any good? Whilst I didn't buy it today after seeing it in an electronics boutique store for $30, I certainly considered it.

[ 08-16-2006, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: CerebroDragon ]
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
Old 08-16-2006, 09:15 AM   #4
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Heh.. no, the 128 is related to my old Riva-128 video card. And you really can't go wrong with Hex Coda. That mod is pure gold. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 09:28 AM   #5
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

The *only* problem with Hex Coda is that it might spoil you for any other mods . It truly is great!
Old 08-23-2006, 08:41 AM   #6
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

A solution which I'd overlooked for the update problem was to simply try a download accelerator which allows download resumption and to then download the necessary critical rebuild from the bioWare site.

http://nwn.bioware.com/support/patch...hotu.html#crit

So just in case any one has a similar problem to mine, there's the link.

I've tried it over the course of the last 6 hours and it worked! Thus I'm now patched to 1.67 and can now try out some more of these mods. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks to Chimaera and others who offered any assistance.
Cheers,
CD

[ 08-23-2006, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: CerebroDragon ]
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj