Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2006, 06:59 AM   #1
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Party 1:

1) Human Paladin
2) Gnome Fighter
3) Half-Elf Cleric/Ranger
4) Half-Elf Fighter/Druid
5) Half-Elf Bard
6) Human Thief 7 > Wizard

Party 2:

1) Human Paladin
2) Gnome Fighter/Illusionist
3) Half-Elf Cleric/Ranger
4) Half-Elf Fighter/Druid
5) Half-Elf Bard
6) Elf Fighter/Mage/Thief
Old 01-03-2006, 02:20 PM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

I think I'd pick number 2.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 05:00 PM   #3
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Go with party 2 and make sure to play on HoF, or merely insane if you don't want that much difficulty. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 06:17 PM   #4
Aerich
Lord Ao

I'd agree, #2 is clearly a bit stronger in a long game. It also avoids the difficult T/M dual class, in which timing is everything. It is also slightly more balanced for archery, as I assume your F/M/T's fighting contribution will be mostly with ranged weapons.

#2 is also quite similar to my party that's rocking HoF (insofar as that's possible).

In contrast, #1 gives more melee punch with a SC fighter and stronger magery in the mid-game. #2 has stronger archery and is more versatile. If not playing on higher difficulty levels, be prepared for the F/M/T to level up at most once per Chapter.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:38 AM   #5
ister
Drow Warrior

You'll have to drag me kicking and screaming into ANY party that can't have Grand Mastery. Party 1 and 3.5 APR for me.
\" Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.\"<br />JFK
ister is offline   Reply With Quote